icon

2000 Subaru Impreza Keyless Entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
salamid1 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2006 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  

I’m looking for installation wiring info for the OEM keyless entry part # h7110as011 in my 2000 Subaru.  I just bought a 2000 Subaru Impreza with the factory Keyless entry and an aftermarket Omega RS-7K2 remote starter in it.  They are both wired independently and functioning.  I also just put the OEM security system upgrade in (my last car – Acura - was stolen from my parking spot).   I need to disable the alarm to use the remote start (ignition kill not a problem the way it is wired).  The remote starter will disable the OEM keyless/alarm with a negative pulse.  I don’t have the keyless install info and don’t know where to connect it.  The remote start will also accept a pulse from the OEM keyless to activate – I might be able work around to get this going.  I’d rather disable the alarm since the remote starter transmitter has a greater range.

Anyone know where/how to connect to disable the alarm in this OEM keyless/alarm with the remote starter?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

jasondavis05 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2006 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
The OEM alarm is activated with lock and disabled with unlock, so you would have to unlock your doors to start the car. You would be way better off with an alarm/starter combo, that way you would have the security, keyless entry, and a remote starter all in one unit working form the same keyflob.
salamid1 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply.  I have no doubt you are correct that I would be better ripping this all out and putting a new system in.   But, I'm a wiring newbie.  Don't think I am up to that.  I hoping for perhaps a less perfect functionality, but, a connection between these systems.  

I did find a mostly complete keyless pinout detail kindly posted at:

http://www.randomsoup.com/subie/huggyalarm.html

I'm wondering if the #3 pinout "trigger" shown in the detail on the link above will activate and/or deactivate the alarm?  What do you think? 

Based in the diagram, which wire would you tap on the OEM Keyless/Alarm to activate the Remote Start (can't use lock, because alarm will be activated).  I'm thinking pin #9 (I know that means the doors are unlocked). 

I appreciate the help. Thanks.

jasondavis05 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
I'm guessing that's the only pin you could use that wont activate the alarm. I think you wouldn't find a combo system that hard to install though. And if you use that pin don't leave much in your car, because as you said the doors will be unlocked.
salamid1 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  

Follow-up,

The #3 pinout "trigger" doesn't produce the desired disabling of the alarm, it activates the alarm,.  Which makes sense.   It's probably for an additional sensor to set off the alarm.

Pinout #9 does open the doors, but, this does not disable the alarm. 

I managed to connect the remote start to the keyless/alarm so that two pulses to open the doors activiates the remote start.  But this means limited range and open doors.  

Still looking for a wire that will turn off the keyless/alarm.  Anyone else ave an opinion about if this exists?

Failing that, I plan to put a relay in that will disconnect the activate signal from the motion sensor when the remote start is used.  This will give me remote starting from 1,500 feet away and leave my doors locked.   Going to have a two remote problem though if I want the alarm active. 

Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic