Second ign, 3rd accessory, relay wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
black cavy 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  

Hi everybody

Im always reading that you need to power up the second ign or second starter etc.But know one ever shows how to do the relay.

I've heard you can just jump the wires,but people have if you have a problem you won't beable to tell whitch wire it is.

Can someone please post a Diagram of how the relay should be wired up

Thanks

Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
pin 85 to ground pin 86 to the accy or ign from the rs unit, pin 30 12 v , pin 87 to 2nd accy or 2nd ign of the car
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
black cavy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks alot

so the orignal starter wire would just go to starter and then you would branch it off with a realy

ALso,when doing dome light supervision or whatever its called.Do i need to use a realy or just  hook the wire from the rS/alarm right on to the dome light wire.

jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
no, you would branch off from the ignition or accy wire not the starter wire, and yes you need a relay to boost the output from the module to turn on the domelight ( unless module has onboard relay()
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

It depends on the rs you are using the problem with branching off is that the relay would energize with the key also.Alot of your rs have a neg stater,acc and ign output to turn on these relays. So if they have these neg outputs you would wire 85 to neg out put for start, acc, or ign which ever is needed then 86 to 12volt  30 12volt  87 to the cars ign, acc, or stater wire that you want to power.

black cavy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  

jim hunter wrote:
no, you would branch off from the ignition or accy wire not the starter wire, and yes you need a relay to boost the output from the module to turn on the domelight ( unless module has onboard relay()

O i see,so its like going backyards

if thats correct i fully understand then

black cavy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
chris354 wrote:

It depends on the rs you are using the problem with branching off is that the relay would energize with the key also.Alot of your rs have a neg stater,acc and ign output to turn on these relays. So if they have these neg outputs you would wire 85 to neg out put for start, acc, or ign which ever is needed then 86 to 12volt  30 12volt  87 to the cars ign, acc, or stater wire that you want to power.

well i would problem be using DEI and Autopage as those rwo brands i like

See i keep thinking about the 300c etc that have a NEG 2end starter wire well the main is (+)

So thats why i wondered how you energize the starter wire etc

jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
relay would not power up with key if oin 85 was hooked to ground when running ( or in d.e.i. s case - status output), pin 86 to acc or ign wire( depending on if your powering an extra ign, or accy wire, pin 30 to said extra ign wire, pin 87 to a fused constant power. new chryslers are only domestic cars with funky - thru resistor start wire

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic