icon

DEI Hornet 563T not starting

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
weptmaster 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  

Hello everyone: I have installed a DEI/Hornet 563T back in Feb. The alarm/starter setup worked great with no issues until last week. The alarm now works 100%, but when you go to remote start it, the lights flash , then nothing. I have checked all the soldeRED / taped connections, unplugged the brain, unplugged the battery and reset.  The main mdule has rest at ground for the neutral safety switch, the shutdown is off, etc.

I also found that the brain is not sending any negative signals to the remote relay satellite that starts the car. Directed will not waranty this, and of course I cannot get support from them as I am not a DEI Dealer.

Has anybody come across this issue before? Any input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
What does the shutdown diagnostics report?
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
you said shutoff switch is off- turn on and see what happens.
weptmaster 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the tip. I will be working on this car again this weekend and post what I found.
stick42 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
Also check your hood pin. Make sure it is in good shape.
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
hood pin could be rusted- good idea to check also.
weptmaster 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  

Hello all: Thanks again for all the suggestions: I checked yesterday and here is what I found: First off, the hoodpin is clean as can be, good connection to gnd.  I also removed the hoodpin wire (grey) for testing purposes. No changes. I also tried the shutoff switch back and forth: even disconnected it, no change. The shutdown diagnostics show six flashes, which according to the manual, means the last shutdown was by brake pedal.  I verified that the brake pedal + (purple) was not causing the remote start not to operate (ie not sitting at + at rest).

Interesting enough now, since I have dont the shutdown diagnostics, when the remote start button is pushed, the lights will now flash for 20 seconds, but still no start; before, they only flashed 4 times.

I am really wondering if the main control module is the culprit. I have done plenty of these in the past, but never seen this before; nor have I seen any modules go bad, although I understand it is something that may happen.

Any ideas? Thanks to all who answer.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic