icon

2007 Ford F250 Remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joesiohd 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 4:22 AM / IP Logged  
I'm trying to verify the tach wire.  2007 Ford F250SD King Ranch Diesel 4door 4 wd. One source (Directed) says it's a LG/W in a bundle behind the fuse panel however that wire is in a bundle of PTO wires and marked CTO and it doesn't work as a tach wire.  Mobile Information Labs says its pin 48 on the PCM.    Who's right?
Joe
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
Meter it and verify, tech diagrams are just to get you in the right direction.
joesiohd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Jeremy.  Here is the rest of the story.   My wife gave me as a birthday present a Python 1400XP remote start installation included by Circuit City.  I just bought a new truck, 2007 Ford F250 Diesel.   I traded in the exact same truck except it was a 2004.  I installed the remote start on the '04.   To make a long story short, the installation is a cluster *&%$.  It took them 2 days, I 've been back twice since.  There is nothing about the installation that complies with the instructions nor good standard practices.  Circuit City used the LG/W wire for the tach wire and it doesn't work plus it is contrary to the diagram that I have on the '07 wiring.  I'm looking for more data to confirm the wiring.  At this point I know how to fix the wiring and the programing but it should be done by Circuit City.  If I had it to do over I would have installed it myself.   I think it might be risky to have the Circuit City guys change the batteries in a flashlight.  
Joe
ers1121 
Copper - Posts: 110
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
According to Shopkey the PTO tach wire should be #6  (orange & yellow) in the PCM on the left side of the engine compartment. I have heard of needing a data tach module on some diesels, they send data signals on a computer bus rather than an ac signal. Since I haven't run accross this myself yet that just a thought.  Good luck!
Ed
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  

it also says though if your vehicle is equiped with the factory anti-grind feature you have to set it to voltage sense and change the crank duration to about 2 seconds

don't know if this will help

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
joesiohd,
If the vehicle has not change much from the 2006. The location of the tach wire may be useful to you.
"On diesel vehicles the tach wire is lt. GREEN / WHITE in a 5 wire harness held up with white tape behind the parking brake release."
Not to put salt on the wound. Bad practice on your part to be putting gagets on a 2007 toy when 2007 is not here yet. Sometime, a bulletin are put up about a certain problem or a bug on the vehicle. It's better to have these things corrected first before you go ahead and install aftermarket product. I often remind my customer to wait about a year before putting anything on their vehicle to avoid any bad meeting with the dealership.   This auto industry in general is big for the BLAME game when things don't go right.
As for bad installation work. If you want a peace of mind, I would get a second opinion and have it check over at any goverment run inspection site. If it turns out to be bad as you have said. I am sure you can get your money back from the place that install it for you. Sometime everything is bad in your eyes when you have paid a certain amount of $$$ and things aren't working like they should. Again, as an installer, this is often the case when there are limited amount of available information on newer vehicle.       
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.2007 Ford F250 Remote start - Last Post -- posted image.
joesiohd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
You may have the correct answer, because while Circuit City is trying to figure out how to fix thier mess I have reprogramed the controller to use Low Votage sense to verify engine start and that works. 
Joe
f150fan 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
Do yourself a favor and get a 454t tach signal generator for that truck. The 6.0 liter diesels put out a weird tach signal that the DEI starters dont always like. I have run into several of these and the 454t works every time.
joesiohd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  

The Pencil, Thank you.  As far as the manufactiurer is concerned on the new vehicle I know exactly how the Song-Beverly and Magnuson Moss act work.  This new truck I have was replaced by Ford, they took the other truck back and it had Banks, Remote start, Exhaust and several other goodies.  The manufacturer is obligated to prove the aftermarket add on caused the problem.   I'm not saying it's an easy battle but they count on the consumer being stupid and timid.

I think your diagram for the 2006 might be what Circiut City used.  The 06' and 07'  have differences and that LG/W wire is exactly as you discribe but does not work as the tach wire on this unit.

Joe
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  

f150fan wrote:
Do yourself a favor and get a 454t tach signal generator for that truck. The 6.0 liter diesels put out a weird tach signal that the DEI starters dont always like. I have run into several of these and the 454t works every time.

Thus the problem with DEI.....I guess they DON"T know everything huh. Get you hands on an Astroflex, once you install one of these......you'll never go back to DEI! (Even though they own Astro....)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic