icon

Custom Encloser, Honda Pilot?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
radiomk1 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
My girlfriend just purchased  a 04 Honda Pilot EX-L. I pumped it out for her birthday adding TV's, audio system and even a modded Xbox. My problem is she is complaining that the sub box is taking all her storage space when she is using the 3rd row seats. She wantsa me to remove the sub box (NNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!). This vehicle has a built in 10"  factory sub in the rear passengers side quarter panel. I att4empted to replace this sub but it does not have but about 3-4" depth clearance. I was wondering if I can build some kind of custom encloser that utilizes the factory encloser? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I can't lose my bump I won't survive. I drive her car very often so I use the system more than she does but if I don't get rid of the sub box she said she is going to remove it herself and leave the wires disconnected and hanging.
mk1
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
lol girlfriends. what kind of sub are you using and what is the depth of it. about how much space does the factory sub have, cubic feet? id say if you sub allows it to mount the sub magnet side out and have it fireing in, dont think it will work that well but it would be bass. otherwise make a box that scales the one side of the car. idk really what a pilot is lol, is it a suv or a care lol. guessing suv with a 3rd row seat.
DjRDifacs 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
It's your girlfriend's car, get rid of the sub Custom Encloser, Honda Pilot? -- posted image.
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
lol, my girlfriend wont even let me turn up my system in MY CAR. i wish she would let me put subs in her car.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
Elemental has a new sub out that has 3 inches of mounting depth
radiomk1 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 2:55 AM / IP Logged  
I would have never thought that they would make subs like that. Any idea how good are those subs Elemental Design. http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=106    Its only a 10" that sucks I wanted a 12" or 15" sub. Are there any other manufactures that make subs like this?
mk1
radiomk1 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic