icon

AstroStart 2205U, 03 Honda Pilot

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Cali_pilot 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged  
I've got an AstroStart 2205U remote starter installed in my 03 Honda Pilot and I just recently purchased a 1993 Accord that had an AstroStart 2006 remote starter installed in it. I would like to have my 2006 remote starter programmed into my 2205U's fob and program the 2205U remote starter into the 2006's fob. I know it can be done but I would like to know if the programming is something I can do myself or if it needs to go to my installer for programming. If I can do it myself, please provide instructions. I am pretty tech saavy so unless it requires special equipment, I can probably do it. Thanks in advance!
2011 Ford F-150 Super-Crew FX4
HU: Pioneer AVIC-Z1
Fronts: Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
Rears: Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
Amp: Profile AP1040
Sub: Pioneer TS-SWX251
Cali_pilot 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  

OK, after searching around I found an installation manual for a different AstroStart remote starter and this is what I found.  Will this work on both my 2205U and my 2006?

Additional Transmitter Coding

•Open hood

•Place key in the ignition and turn to the “RUN” position

•Apply the brakes once

•You now have 10 seconds to turn the key from “RUN” to the “STOP” position 3

times.

•If sequence is executed correctly, the control module flashes parking lights

(4 flashes). You may then proceed to the next step.

•Press any button on the new remote control (except the “Panic” button).

When access code of new remote control is memorized, the control module will

confirm with flashing parking lights (1 flash).

•Repeat the above procedures for each remote control that has to be pro

grammed (up to 4 remotes).

•Apply the brakes

•New remote(s) is (are) now added to the system.

Cali_pilot 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  
Also, I noticed that the keyless entry in my 93 Accord with the AstroStart 2006 was not working.  After inspecting the main module, I noticed that the connecter that contains the necessary wiring for keyless entry was not installed.  I looked around just to make sure the thing didn't come loose and was dangling somewhere but I didn't find anything.  I'm assuming the installer didn't make this connection and therefore trashed the connector.  Does anyone know where I can acquire this connector?  Another question.  Does AstroStart use universal dipswitch programming for features on all of their models?  If so, can someone post them?  I'd like to try different things on my 2205U and my 2006. 
Cali_pilot 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 5:42 AM / IP Logged  

OK so I tried this method when I got home without any luck.  I tried the sequence on the 2205U first.  When I got the four flashes I held down the button on my 2006 fob and the 2205 did not respond to it.  I held down the button on my 2205 fob and the lights flashed once.  I tried the sequence again on the 2205 and got the same results.  Next I tried the 2006.  I did the sequence, got the four flashes and held down the button on the 2205 fob.  The lights blinked once.  I pressed the brake, tried the remote and it worked.  Unfortunately it was starting both of my cars at the same time with that command.  I tried programming the 2006 unit onto the 2006 fob's second channel (the double press) and it wouldn't take it.  I then tried the sequence again on the 2006 and 2006 fob's first channel and it took it but a second programming wouldn't take the 2205's second channel.  When I try the sequence on the 2006 and try to program the 2205 fob very rarely will the unit respond.  The initial attempt worked the next 10 or so didn't  yield a response.  I left it alone, came back after about 15 minutes and it responded by flashing the lights once, but none of the commands worked.  Whenever I pressed a button, the lights flashed once but nothing happened.  I tried the 2205 again by doing the sequence, getting the 4 flashes, holding down a button, but again no response from the 2006 fob.  Everything now is back to its original programming but I would like to be able to program both cars on both fobs.  One of the last steps is "repeat the above procedures for each remote control that has to be programmed."  Does this want me to close the hood, reopen it, and try the sequence again for each addional fob or just the ignition sequence?  I know to push the brakes after the programming but does it want that after every fob programming or after all fobs have been programmed?  What am I missing here?

Bottom line is: the 2205 module does not respond to the 2006 fob at all.  The 2006 module would not respond the the 2205 fob's second channel at all or the first channel most of the time.  When it did it wouldn't do anything.

UPDATE!

I was able to get both fobs to work with both remote starts but there's still a problem.  I was only able to get the 2205U fob to work with the 2006 by putting the fob up to the 2006 antenna.  I had to do the same with the 2006 fob on the 2205U's antenna.  I'm not talking about getting kinda close to the antenna, I'm talking about having to physically touch it with the fob.  Otherwise the "host" module would not program the fobs.  What's wrong here?

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  

The 2205 is a LED 2 way, the 2006 is a one way...but Im sure you knew that. They work off of 2 diff frequencies.

They are NOT compatable.

Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
Exactly.. They are 2 different freqs entirely! they are not compatable at all... a 4204 LCD or 6 button with the BLUE LED will work with your 2205, but a 2106 green LED wont do squat... As far as your door locks go , just find an astro dealer in your area and get a harness from them, and wire it up, I don't think there will be any programing needed...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
Cali_pilot 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I knew that one was two-way and the other wasn't but I didn't know that they couldn't interact with one another.  Why is it that I can still operate one system with the "incompatible" fob but only if I'm within millimeters of the antenna?  So in other words, what you're trying to tell me is that both of my systems have to be either two-way or one-way for the fobs two work on two vehicles?  By the way is the installation manual the same for my 2205U as for the 500, 1100, 2100, and 4100 series manual?
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
Right, the manuals are the same for all of them, the beauty of Astro, but the freqs that they transmit on are entirely different I think a different band... s for why on works on the other just being close ??? I just never tried I guess.. I just know it doesn't work that way.. and correct, a 2way setup will work with any 2way remote u series or a seris.. u wont work with a , and a one way will work with any one way..(green LED vs blue) The difference is basically the range...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic