icon

Valet Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mommyva 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
Hi everyone!  I am new here, and I have been reading all of your posts.  You are  geniuses! :)  I am hoping someone can help me.  I just had a Valet Remote Start System (model 561r) installed in my mom's 2004 Honda CR-V as a (surprise) Christmas present.  I asked the installer three times if there was any way my mom would notice anything had been done to her car (I planned on giving her the remote Christmas Eve).  He reassured me that she wouldn't notice a thing.  However, when I picked the car up, he said, "oh, the only thing is that when you start the car manually, the doors are going to lock automatically, and when you shut the car off, they will unlock".   AAAAAhhhhh!   I don't know what to do.  She is definately going to notice that (as she had no remote/automatic locks before this).  My question is:  Is there ANY way to disable that feature, temporarily, until I give her the remote?  I am so busted if there isn't.  She notices EVERYTHING.  LOL.   I appreciate any info/advice you have.  Thanks a lot!
ainami 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 4:42 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, you can turn the feature on or off

If you have the manual, look at page 29.
Set menu 17 and 18 to off.
Or let the installer do it for you.

You also can download the manual from this site: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=536

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
she may also notice the antenna mounted on the windshield that wasn't there yesterday.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
mommyva 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much for the info., ainami!  I am going to look into that.  Will this work even though the auto lock/unlock thing started happening AFTER the install (of the remote start system).   This wasn't happening before I had this done.  Thanks.  LOL kgerry; I thought about that too, but they did a pretty good job hiding everything, and I disabled the auto start temporarily.  But the doors are still locking/unlocking automatically. :(
kgerry 
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
you know all you need to do without reprogramming anything is just unplug the little three pin connector with the doorlock wires in it.... (blue & Green)... then plug it back in after Christemas... quick & easy....
Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
ainami 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  

The auto unlock/lock is not something that the car (manufacturer) does.

It is the remote start brain that you have put in does that.
And like I earlier said. You could turn on or off. Right now it is turned on, that why you have the auto lock/unlock.
You could turn it off and it won't automatically lock and unlock the doors when you start and turn the car off.
You always can turn it back on if your mom wants that.

Or likekgerry said, you could unplug the 3 pin connector untill X-mas if you know where the brain is located in the car.

kgerry 
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
since the LED is built into the brain and you'd have to get to that point simply to see what you are doing programming-wise... it makes way more sense to just unplug the doorlock connector, saving yourself the possibility of changing the wrong feature... also, many shops (like me) dont leave the programming switch plugged into the brain......
Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  

I would turn off the ign. controlled locks and unlock. Its just a good way to lock the keys in the car. if you have the install manual it will tell you how to program that feature. Also if its a newer 561r there is a problem with programming. The system will not let you go to any option above 14 with out stopping then going to the # you want. So to change the feature your wanting turn the key on then off press and release the valet switch 10 times then press and hold it, now wait about 3 sec then press and release it 7 more  times then press and hold it while holding the switch press the aux button. Now press and release the switch 1 time then press & hold while holding the switch press the aux button now turn the key on to exit programing. Try turning key on and off to make sure locks dont cycle. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic