the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Tacoma Remote Start issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
I would say something is wrong with the module or the loop wiring. i have had to change that loop before to make them work. You can always go with a programable module like the PKT2 from bypasskits.com. You wont lose a key with that module... just a thought....
rbc827 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
Should the two wires that make the loop be connecting or is only the BLACK/ red wire on the loop while the black wire is next to it?
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
There are 3 wires connecting the loop to the 556u, one is not connected at the loop and that's fine. The loop needs to be close to the factory coil at the switch. Close the loop up a little and place it directly around the outer edge of the switch for it to work well. Do you feel the 556u click when you activate the remote start? The relay inside should click on and you can feel it if you wrap your hand around it. All that is needed are the 3 wires, red, black and blue to make it work correctly. Are you sure the key in the 556U is programmed? pull it out and start the truck with it to be sure. Don't use the green keysense wire, not needed for Toyota.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
soultinter 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
definitely a problem w the 556 for sure, try swapping for a new one
rbc827 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:
There are 3 wires connecting the loop to the 556u, one is not connected at the loop and that's fine. The loop needs to be close to the factory coil at the switch. Close the loop up a little and place it directly around the outer edge of the switch for it to work well. Do you feel the 556u click when you activate the remote start? The relay inside should click on and you can feel it if you wrap your hand around it. All that is needed are the 3 wires, red, black and blue to make it work correctly. Are you sure the key in the 556U is programmed? pull it out and start the truck with it to be sure. Don't use the green keysense wire, not needed for Toyota.
I did all that. Relay is clicking and the key is good. I've sent off for new unit and hope it solves my problem.
rbc827 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2006 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
I got my new 556u in and it works perfect. The problem was with the orginial antenna loop. Under the electric tape, the two wires were spliced together. I looked under the new antenna loop and saw that the two wires are individually apart from each other.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic