icon

Viper problem in 2006 Sierra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
npb4me 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a Viper 5900 with a DEI 457g module in my 2006 GMC Sierra 4 door truck.  I went to the door module and grabbed the gray/black wire for door trigger. But alarm says a door is open when I arm it.  And, everytime I hit the brake pedal, the siren goes off. Even with the alarm disarmed. How do I fix all this????
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
the green wire on the 457g is used for your doo trigger wire.
npb4me 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
I hooked uo the green wire from the 457g to the gray/black wire in the door. Still having an issue. Then went from the 457g to the viper green wire. Still having problems. Then hooked them both to it, still have the alarm telling me the oor is open when armed?  And I still get the siren, lights flashing and door locks going crazy when I step on the brake pedal????
chris354 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  

The green wire on the 457g goes to the green neg door trigger wire onthe viper.

chris354 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
You might have messed up the 457g by having it hooked up to the grey/black wire I would try to reprogram the 457g module.
npb4me 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

chris354 wrote:
You might have messed up the 457g by having it hooked up to the grey/black wire I would try to reprogram the 457g module.

I unplugged the wire going to the gray/black in the black plug for the domelight. Door trigger works perfect.  Still gettinbg the siren going off when I hit the brake pedal.  I have reprogrammed the 457 module 5 times so far.  Even if I unplug the wire from the Viper to the white wire above the brake pedal, I still get the siren going off.  AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

chris354 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  

It sounds like you have the brake wire going to the siren wire instead of the brake wire on the viper. The brake brown wire is thinner and in a plug with a grey,WHITE/ blk, PURPLE / white and blue/white wires. 

npb4me 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
chris354 wrote:

It sounds like you have the brake wire going to the siren wire instead of the brake wire on the viper. The brake brown wire is thinner and in a plug with a grey,WHITE/ blk, PURPLE / white and blue/white wires. 

I triple cjecked the wiring, I have the thicker brown wire from the large harness of the Viper going to the siren, and the thinner brown wire from the viper going to the brake.  I inplugged the brake wire and I still get the siren going off, the lights flash and the door locks lock. Like the alarm is getting triggered some how.

npb4me 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

If I unplug the 457g unit, it still does it. Think I got a bad alarm brain?

chris354 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

if you dont have the brake wire hooked up it makes no sense why that would trigger the alarm. Is the alarm armed when it does this or does it not mater. The only thing I can think of is maybe a bad ground sometimes the will do wierd things when the ground is not good.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic