Autostart Bypass Module won’t program

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fastxr 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  

Hi hopefully someone can help me.

I am installing an autopage RST2050KE remote start into my wifes 1996 cavalier.  I purchased an autostart PATSK-600 auto learning bypass module to bypass the passlock I security on the car.  I have everything all wired up as best as I can figure out, but the bypass module won't seem to go into program mode to learn the resistance.  Has anyone had a problem with something like this before?  The car starter appears to be functioning properly, it tries to start the car the engine catches then shuts off and the security light likes a few times. 

Thanks for any help

crazyjason2004 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  
I have the same problem i spent all night trying to figure it out did you figure it out yet? where is the bulb (-) wire i think that is the problem with me. although i have a 99 there not much different as far as the wire location
Jason
au5599 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
black bulb test wire is the small black wire in the same plug as the 2 thick red 12volt wires
Street Dreams Car Club
93 GRAND CARAVAN SE / Astro
Team New York SS3-4 06 & SM3-4 07 DB Drag World Finals
2003 Chevy Suburban LT / 98 GTP
old ninja 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
I have the same problem with my patsk-600.   Mine is on a 2002 cavalier, so it is the passlock 2.  Everything is cool until I start the car, the led is supposed to stay on steady.  Never happens and doesn't seem to program.  Gave up for now.  Thinking of just bypassing with resistors.
crazyjason2004 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
I figured mine out does your car start for like a few seconds and then shuts off? well this is what i did after i hooked up all the wires. i put my key in the ignition and then i programed my remote. then turned my car off and i pushed the start button and i stuck the key in the ignition right away and turned it to the on position but i didnt start it. then wait 15 min and start it. let it run for 30 sec or so and then turn off your car. your remote should work then. it resets the antitheft system
Jason
fastxr 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Old Ninja that is the identical problem to what I am experiencing, the light is supposed to stay on steady but it never does, and nothing seems to happen when I program it.  I am going to try what crazyjason suggested tomorrow and will let you all know the results.
old ninja 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  

Yes let me know the out come.  I can't get to try mine until the weekend.  Hopefully crazyjason's fix will work for mine too. 

fastxr 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
OK here is the solution to what my problem was, and of course as always installer error, always double and triple check your connections!  After speaking with Autostart on the problem the reason that the module would not go into program mode is that it was waiting for a signal from the ignition which is the pink wire on the patsk-600 which should go to the pink wire in the ignition harness of the car which will show 12v with key in run position.  I had made this connection but it had come loose and no power, no program.  Good look to anyone else with similar problems.
old ninja 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2006 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  
Wow do I ever feel stupid, I never even connected the pink wire.  I saw the N/A and thought it applied to the pink wire.  Thanks for the post fastxr.  I will try connecting things on the weekend.
old ninja 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2006 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
Soldered on the pink wire and everything works well.  Thanks for the help guys.  Merry Christmas.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic