icon

2005 Grand Prix, Wrong Harness?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  

ok, i need some input from some of you guys out there.

we installed an aftermarket into a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix and used a Scosche harness DCGM09 (or Metra part is a VTGMRC01 or GMRC01). i was unsure of whether this harness would work or not because this radio had the second harness like in the Escalade with the data bus amp turn on. anyway, we wired it and everything worked fine until the customer noticed that the display that sits above radio will not hold the date or time but rather goes to a row of dashes after a few seconds. we did not unplug this display during the installation but i was wondering if this problem could be related to not using the second harness. any help on this situation would be great. thanks for the advice in advance.

"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
dafreakinrican0 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
i own this car and yes, the date and time is not retained for some reason. It really wizes me off but i think it is due to the factory radio not "storing" it in its memory. If anyone else has an idea, chime in...
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
really! that is good to know that i am not the only one to experience this. when the radio was changed out which harness did you use and have you tried a different harness? any help on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks for the response.
"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
dafreakinrican0 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
i used the Scosche DCGM09 because of a good price I was able to get it at. I have Onstar, but i dont use it so I did  not mind losing it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic