icon

2000 blazer, locating lock wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
motherfudpucker 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  

Im having trouble find the power lock and unlock wires. The instructions said they are a blue wire and a white wire in the brown plug of the bcm. they also said they are + polarity. There are two blue wires in this harness, and only one white wire. I have metered them all while locking and unlocking the doors with the factory key fob and do not get any change on the meter.

I have also heard these wires can be found in the body bus harness above the drivers foot area. Ive metered the wires in there as well. ive found one set of blue wires that are crimped together in the same pin, these show a 12v when the vehical is locked, but cannot find a white wire that will show 12v when the vehical is unlocked.

I have a compustar 2wss-as and this is the only thing holding me up. from completing this install. 

Any tips from the gurus?

Thank you all in advance 

spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
     WIRE          COLOR          POLARITY          LOCATION     
     Power Unlock          WHITE          (+)          LOCATED AT BCM BROWN PLUG     
     PowerLock          LIGHT BLUE          (+)          LOCATED AT BCM BROWN PLUG     
     Driver Mtr Unlock          TAN          (+)          IN HARNESS TO THE LEFT OF THE STEERIN COLUMN     
     Driver Mtr Lock          GRAY          (+)          IN HARNESS TO THE LEFT OF THE STEERIN COLUMN     
     Pas Mtr Unlock          TAN          (+)          AT RELAY BLOCK UNDER DASH     
If that dosent work for ya...theres a rubber boot in the door jam....get in there and test those wires for your lock/ then either trace them into the cat or attach your lock wires in the boot. You could also take off the panel from the drivers door that has the buttons on it...and test there. GL
sS
rtfm
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  

i have always found them at the BCM on these vehicles.... is it possibly you are not metering them correctly?

is the meter still set on AC from metering tach??  ha ha.... i've certainly done this myself........

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
au5599 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
use a test light, driverside under dash, look toward the left a big block with wires. There is several lock wires there. There is a light blue (not dark blue) that will show + when you hit door lock and almost next to it is a white wire that will do same but for unlock. There is also a black with white strip for hatch that is +. Or go to switch a black wire that is -. Also in that box is 2 light blue wires that are going to one crimp in there it is + parking lights.
Street Dreams Car Club
93 GRAND CARAVAN SE / Astro
Team New York SS3-4 06 & SM3-4 07 DB Drag World Finals
2003 Chevy Suburban LT / 98 GTP
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
DO NOT USE A TEST LIGHT.....au5599, I know you meant to say digital multi meter....rite?
motherfudpucker 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  

no worries, I've been using a Fluke DMM

and thank you for the pointers. I'm going to look for those blue and white wires. My compustar has + pulse lock and unlock wires, I just need to find the correct wires in my harness to tap into.

motherfudpucker 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
also, correct me if I'm wrong. I shouldnt have to wire up any additional relays, If I find the correct blue and white wires correct? being that the compustar has a positive pulse output for the doorlocks, i should just be able to tap into the corresponding wires and it should be good to go? am I correct in this assumption?
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, you are correct. You won't need any relays. Just make absolutely sure you have the correct wires. Good Luck!
Good Enough Isn't!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic