icon

562T remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scca60 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

Now I've done a lot of research, but I'm stuck. 

I'm installing the DEI 562T in a 2002 Explorer and I've got everything hooked up as required. I've even installed an 1100F bypass.

The trouble is, I can only get it to remote start when the key is in the RUN position.  It will not start with the key just inserted in the off position, which leads me to believe that the 1100F is not the issue.  Also possibly related is the fact that I cannot seem to program the 1100F with the 2 factory keys per the instructions (but again, this does not explain why it will not start with the key in the ignition).  The 1100F is wired right, and even allows me to program it for "ground when running" mode, but will not accept the programming cycle with the keys.

I'm pretty new at this and stumped.  Please, I am desperate for help!

Thanks!

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure you are on the correct ignition wire (RED / lt. green)and that your remote start is providing +12V to this wire.
The problems you are describing make it seem as if you are not getting +12V to this wire when remote starting.
scca60 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  

Twelvoltz:  Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, I've attached the pink wire from the 562T's satillite relay to the RED / lt. green as instructed.  I just probed it while attempting to remote start the car with the key in the ignition OFF position and got no voltage.  When the key is in the ON position I get 12V constant.

I think it may be something with the starter relay?  When I remote start (with no key or with the key in the OFF position), the gauge cluster lights up, I hear the door-open chime, and hear the starter relay click.  It does this three times (the default starting attempts by the 562T?) and then goes dormant again.  But if the key is in the ON position, it starts on the first attempt.

Again, thanks for the quick reply!!

chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure you have power on your red rs wires and that the fuses are good. There will either be 2 or 3 depending on the relay pack that you have.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic