icon

2004 Nissan Murano Head Unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rallens 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  

I started by looking to install an aftermarket head unit into a 2004 Nissan Murano w/factory Bose system.  The 2 shops I talked with said there is no adapter for integration into the Bose system, and suggested the only choice was to rewire the speakers....which now I would assume I need to change out the speakers as well.  If anyone can confirm the size of the speakers: 5 1/4 (top front) / 6X9 (front door) / 6 1/2 (rear door), that would be great!

So all in all it appears my problem is I can't integrate into the factory Bose, and it seems that no-one carries a kit for this car (seems to be a DIN & 1/2 size mount).

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks,
Chris
allmet33 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  

Have you checked with Scosche or Metra???  I know they make interfaces for a great many vehicles with Bose systems so you can replace the head unit and not have to replace the speakers.  I would check with one of those two companies as they are the leaders in aftermarket connectivity.  I was able to get a dash kit and wire harness for my '06 Azera before they even hit the market by contacting them directly.

Good luck!

'06 Hyundai Azera - Pioneer FH-P4200MP / Factory center channel & tweeters / Infinity Kappa 62.7i's; all 4 doors, 2 Phoenix Gold Xenon 10D2 10" subs pushed w/Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 amp
rallens 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you for your reply...unfortunately I have checked both Metra and Scosche with no luck.  I couldn't believe they didn't have anything.
Thanks,
Chris
allmet33 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

That sucks man...truly!!!  You may have to keep bugging those companies to come up with something or...bite the bullet and rip everything out and install a whole new system of your choice.

Good luck and happy holidays to you and yours!!!

Mike

'06 Hyundai Azera - Pioneer FH-P4200MP / Factory center channel & tweeters / Infinity Kappa 62.7i's; all 4 doors, 2 Phoenix Gold Xenon 10D2 10" subs pushed w/Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 amp
soultinter 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  

try PAC or peripheral

rallens 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

I looked briefly at Peripheral's site....I will email them and see what they say.....

Thank you for your help!

Thanks,
Chris
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  

What? There is a issue I read about the factory radio not being able to be removed from the vehicle due to the 4 wheel drive circuit being inside the factory radio. (thus the no kit and harness being available). As far as adapting into the factory head unit, any of the Audio Control devices should be able to integrate in with relative ease.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
rallens 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  

Well.....that would definately explain why I can't find any info on it.

I will be working on it later next week, I will post what I find.

Thank you all for your help!

Thanks,
Chris

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic