icon

01 Silverado Reverse Wire location

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sackreiter 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

I'm looking for a Reverse Lights Wire under the steering column on a 2001 Silverado (for a back up camera) and I'm not having any luck.  I've pulled up wiring diagrams on this site, but haven't found anything specific to where it is.  I found information that it's a light green wire under the driver's side dash, but haven't had any luck with any of the light green wires I've found.  As much time as I've wasted trying to find it, I could have run one to the back of the truck three times over.

Can anyone give me specific information regarding where the Reverse Light wire is?  I'm an amature so please make it as simple/specific as you can.

Thanks,

Jim

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
The only place you are likely to find the light green reverse light wire inside the truck is at the rearview mirror. Other than that, it is under the hood at the relay junction box on the driver's side of the engine bay.
sparky
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
the main junction block under the dash beside the parkbrake, take the cover off, there should be a lt.green wire in there, use a DMM and test.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
In an Escalade I did recently I found it as a light green wire in the passenger kick panel, harness to rear. The Silverado may be similar.
sackreiter 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

Just for anyone else that might be looking for this wire, I thought I'd let everyone where I finally found this wire.  It's actually much easier to get to than I expected.  There is a plug block (for lack of a better term since I'm an amature and don't know what it's called) between the parking brake pedal and the service brake pedal that has a plastic nut on it.  This is where you plug in the connector for an electric trailer brake.  Take the plastic nut off and pull the cover off.  The plug you're looking for is in the lower left hand corner and the light green wire is the Reverse wire which goes to +12v when the vehicle is put into reverse.

Thanks,

Jim

extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2006 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
sackreiter wrote:

Just for anyone else that might be looking for this wire, I thought I'd let everyone where I finally found this wire. It's actually much easier to get to than I expected. There is a plug block (for lack of a better term since I'm an amature and don't know what it's called) between the parking brake pedal and the service brake pedal that has a plastic nut on it. This is where you plug in the connector for an electric trailer brake. Take the plastic nut off and pull the cover off. The plug you're looking for is in the lower left hand corner and the light green wire is the Reverse wire which goes to +12v when the vehicle is put into reverse.

Thanks,

Jim

So exactly where I told you?
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic