icon

05 Grand Cherokee keys & programing

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
Just did, or tried to anyway, rs on a 05 jeep.. Install went great until trying to program the keys.. a 532 chdl7 pk2 was used and a chdl7pk2 .. Now the data portion worked great, keys in the ign the rs started, no prob.. But programming the bypass neither would take. I reread the post from the other day and it sounds like a similar issue. The truck would go into programing mode fine, but would not take the chip in the bypass, ether one of them. The programing mode just times out. I pointed the customer to the dealer to see what is going on, mabey the BCM won't take any more keys, if thats the case it usually wont go into programing mode from my exp. Anyone have any advice on this one? I spent 3 1/2 hrs screwing around with the programming before the poor guy had to leave..
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
azn_fcuk 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  

Chryslers are strange like that i had 2 trucks that wouldnt program, had to loose a key.

mdbetts 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
Use a universal transponder piece and contact howardkeys for a 16050 key which works on every new chrysler and jeep.
cant hold me!
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
The 532 is very large did you open it up to make sure you had the chip as close as possible to the ign cylinder? Also are you using a key without the guts to program it, or diesel mode, or jumping wires?
Mike
Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I took the board out of the 532 and the guts out of the key so you can see the security light flash and such. Did the same with the chdl7 pk2 no dice either way.. Also tried the jumper from 12v to the ign wire, I've gotten by doing it both ways in the past.. I've been whooped by chryslers, but never beaten.. I do have an old astro bypass I think that may work for this, but I wont get the truck back until after the holidays.. Just one of those things that makes ya go hmmmm.... any more ideas?
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
Hymer have the customer go to the dealer for a cut and programmed key it will save you some hair. And yes the howard keys do work on the new generation chrysler but and I say but with the situation with the jeeps/durango's the wcm module is defective and its supposed to be impossible to program anything to the vehicle. The jeep I had troubles with went to the dealer when I was done and they scanned it and found that the wcm was in fact defective. The ran the build dates and it was one of the lucky ones. Replaced for free.
Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, thats where I sent them [as much as I hate to do it] but I'm hopeing it is one of the bad wcm's even though mfg date was 6/05. so who knows.. I think I will try howard keys if the dealership is going to be a pain about it... Time will tell I guess....
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
another possibility is was the bypas previously used? some strange way any chrysler bypass is only learnable to 1 vehicle, besides it being learned to the car, the car must be learned to the chip! strange i know, ( i never believed how it was possible but it is)but i just dealt with this first hand on a stratus yesterday,i used a dei 555c, had it in a different stratus that i removed on monday ( bypass programmed and worked great) went to re-use it on this new stratus went into program mode o.k. but would not learn,wired in new 555c and programmed right away,
stupid chryslers went from being 1 of the best cars for us installers to 1 of if not THE WORST!
Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
No they were both brand new, just came in from bypasskit last thursday... I'm pretty sure it's just the vehicle... They bought it as a demo from a third party... who knows whats been done with it...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
azn_fcuk 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

Chryslers 05 Grand Cherokee keys & programing -- posted image.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic