icon

Amplifier Schematics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
quiksilver 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, I'm working on fixing my blown amp. Yes i know it'd almost be better to just ditch it and get a new one but i want to fix it. I was wondering if it's at all possible to find schematic diagrams for amplifiers anywhere on the net? Or some other resource i could go to to find one.
Thanks
wretchedunloved 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  

I think this is one of those situations where you're *much* better off bringing it to a shop that can fix it, or buying a new one, to be honest.  While the theory of an amplifier is rather simple, the actual wiring of it is very complicated, and if someone has the knowledge to go much beyond replacing fuses as far as fixing it, they wouldn't need help from a forum.  This is no disrespect to you at all, I know personally once I would check the fuses on an amp, anything beyond that is far beyond the realm of what I'd feel comfortable fixing.  Once you pop into the amplifier case, it's a completely different world.

All I can say is I'd highly reccomend you either replace it or take it somewhere that could bench test it and repair it for you, since doing work on complicated electronic circuits is beyond the capacity of the majority of people, including most of the folks in this forum that could install a complete stereo system into a car blindfolded, I would imagine.

Best of luck.

2001 Monte Carlo SS
Sony XM-2002GTR
Sony XS-L123P5 x 2
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
ampguts.realmofexcursion.com has lots of info on amps.
'85 Toy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic