the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

How Does a Fibreglass Enclosure Work w/Sub Facing Inwards?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jlord16 
Silver - Posts: 322
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, thats what you are suposta do when you invert a sub
Clarion DB36MP
Infinity Kappa Perfect 10"
Respone 800w Mono
ALPINE MRP-F250
*Custom fabrications*
djdowdell 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2007 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  

jlord16 wrote:
Yes, thats what you are suposta do when you invert a sub

Ummm, I think I'm gonna call BS. Subs (or any speaker for that matter) operate on AC current (i.e. waves a.k.a. soundwaves) so that necessary isn't so unless you had phase problems which are almost nil with sub frequencies and also he seems to be using only one sub. If I'm wrong about this someone's gonna have to prove it.  Keep positive and negative the way they are and things will be fine, but I will say reversing them won't hurt either.

Pure Noize
djdowdell 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2007 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  
domnic wrote:

hi guys

will anyone let me know is the sub encloser is only the fiber glass or is the mdf also in it is there any cal for the encloser

I' m not exactly sure what you are asking but I'll take a stab at it. If you are asking if a sub enclosure is fiberglass or mdf the answer is it can be either or a combination of both. Calculating enclosure size is done with the finished product no matter what the material used to make it. There is a woofer enclosure calculator in the blue section of the page over here <----------------------------------------- under "car audio".

Pure Noize
jlord16 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2007 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  
Most people invert subs polarity when they are inverse mounted.  in some cases normal polarity is best.  It depends on many factors that can only be found out by trial and error.  The idea is so that the sub is still in phase with the rest of the speakers.  Of course it wont hurt the sub.  Do a search if you dont beleive me, might be suprised what you find............
Clarion DB36MP
Respone 800w Mono
ALPINE MRP-F250
*Custom fabrications*
djdowdell 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
Oh ok. You may be right b/c I know some pioneer head units have a way to set the head unit for the sub if it is inverted which just maybe a phase switch.
Pure Noize
jlord16 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  

It all depends on the equipment and other variables :)

Clarion DB36MP
Respone 800w Mono
ALPINE MRP-F250
*Custom fabrications*
djdowdell 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2007 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
jlord16 wrote:

It all depends on the equipment and other variables :)

Yeah, I kinda knew that but I wanted YOU to clear it up for the new guy. He might have took your first post as "gospel" without realizing there are other factors to that decision.  I'm not doubting your knowledge but would just like to clear up any misconceptions about acoustic theory before they got out of hand. From my experience you wire them up normally unless something just doesnt sound right. Thanks for the info!!

Pure Noize
jlord16 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2007 at 6:31 AM / IP Logged  
Alright point made.  Its just that "most" times the question is asked on any car audio forum, they say wire in reverse first, then evaluate, and it has worked in my expericence (is the glass half empty or half full sorta approach) Thanks for that :)
Clarion DB36MP
Respone 800w Mono
ALPINE MRP-F250
*Custom fabrications*
crazyjim 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2007 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I'll step in here and say NEVER reverse polarity of a sub, unless you want to be buying a new one anytime soon How Does a Fibreglass Enclosure Work w/Sub Facing Inwards? - Page 2 -- posted image.
jlord16 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2007 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
I would suggest you go back and revise your electrical theory before posting further comments that embarrass you How Does a Fibreglass Enclosure Work w/Sub Facing Inwards? - Page 2 -- posted image.
Clarion DB36MP
Respone 800w Mono
ALPINE MRP-F250
*Custom fabrications*
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic