icon

03 Denali Windows

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
01rado 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  

It's comming  man I'm working on it as we speak.  Grab a Coors Light, and kick it a spell.  In fact I'll email ya one.  Ummmm now where is that Universal beer port I keep dreaming about, I'm sure it's on this thing somewhere.......

I'll get it on here today.

Evan Zerby
Living to do the impossible.
01rado 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  

03 Denali Windows - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Ok so I lied, I didn't get it done today but got very busy.  Here it is none the less.  This is actually the easy party to be honest.  This system adds a small aux. battery to up the voltage to 24 Volts.  At rest it runs the setup in par. so they charge just as a normal 12 volt system.  When you trigger the system it switches to 24volts.  It works very well I use it for several different things.  One of which is the window motors on a 2003 Chevy Tahoe.  I installed that system in January of '03 and the system has been very stable.  The 24 volt does not hurt the motors, however you have to keep the mechanical parts of the window well cleaned and lubed.  If they get dirty and sluggish you do run a higher risk of burning up the motors.  The thing is you don't run a window motor long enough to worry about the extra voltage. 

Now I left this system very open here as far as how you connect it into your window system because this is just the voltage system.  There are to many different window switching systems to explain how to hook all of them up to this system in the time I have to do this.

The big thing is make SURE you isolate the system from the stock wiring.  Now you get 24 Volts here into your factory ground.  All you need to do is replace your 12 volt OEM input for your doors with the 24 volt input.  Find the trigger voltage (pos. or neg.) from EACH of the switches.  You may have to use other diodes and relays to make all this work, but we can get it figured out. 

I have the wiring diagram in front of me for the reverse polarity system for the 2003 GMC Denali, I'm trying to figure this out but my brain is fried.  I will sleep on it and see what I can figure out. 

Evan Zerby
jayno20 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
what about just messing with the dip swithces, would that make a difference?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  

Congrats on the creation of a fine diagram.....but, all that to gain 3 seconds on rolling up the windows......and 24 volts...whew!

Good luck, and be carefull.

01rado 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  

I designed this system for more then just someone that wanted a faster window. 

This was designed to be part of a medium armored car.  The owner of this car was a very influential banker.  He had had 2 kidnapping attempts up to this point and had had enough.  He was a good friend of mine and knew we had done things of the such.  He had a '03 Chevy Tahoe delivered to my shop, where we began the transformation to armored car.  While working late one night I had this idea and put it into effect.  It works VERY well.  The window roll up is triggered by the security system on the vehicle, which can be triggered by many different inputs. 

The whole point in all this is to comment on the "but, all that to gain 3 seconds on rolling up the windows" comment by KarTuneMan.  For the everyday consumer, I agree that is a bit ridiculous, however In emergency event such as a kidnapping or attempt on your life halving the time it takes to feel safe is well worth the extra work.  Besides, I don't think there to many of us on this website that are "everyday consumers".

The gentleman that had me build this car for him gets a new care every year, and he doesn't even see the car until I'm finished with it.  His favorite feature, the lighted door handles and ultra fast windows.  It's funny he has some NICE cars, and the good 'ol 'Hoe is still his favorite.

Evan

Evan Zerby
01rado 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
Also I forgot to add, that if you want you can easily put in a voltage reglator of some sort if you would like.  Tone it done to something more like 15 volts or so.  Just a thought.
Evan Zerby
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic