icon

Removing 880XP

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chucky48316 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2006 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I have a 2003 Mustang GT wired up right now with alarm/RS combo.  The python 880XP.  I am now selling the car and would like to take the system with me.  Is there anything special I need to know about uninstalling.  I am new to alarms and remote starters but I am pretty intelligent and familiar with basic auto electronics.  Is this a job I can do, just pulling it out, or will I need to go in and pay to get it removed.  I would think I can just go to it and trace the wires and disconnect them where they are hooked into the auto wires, but I'm not sure if they had to cut anything or just splice during install.  Any help is greatly appreciated.
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2006 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
who installed it- does it have free uninstall? circuit city and best buy do that for free
tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2006 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
In my opinion i would just leave the alarm in the car.  When you get an alarm installed in a car it is almost customized for that specific vehicle.  If you take it out, putting that alarm into a new car is going to be a pain in the ass.  The installer will have to extend some wires, remove tape etc.  Now the benefit to u is you would save a little money if u got the unit instaled, some shops may turn down the install due to the inconvience.  I would probably do it, but it does have great potential to cause a much longer installation,
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2006 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
i never remove the wires i jsut leave them in and buy new wires, jsut hook up the starter wire.
chucky48316 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for replies, unfortunately a buddy of mine was an installer at the place I bought it and he did it off the record, so no free uninstall, and I have since moved and don't keep in contact with him.  I thought about leaving it in, but I keep looking back at the $600 price tag and thinking I really should take it with me, even if I never get it installed again I would feel better and worst case could probably sell the thing for a hundred bucks or something.  The people buying the car don't have any interest in keeping it, and I feel I should pull it cause its a manual transmission and was rigged in so if left in gear, it will still start.  Was fine for me, but if the next person isn't as careful to leave it in neutral, could cause problems.  Thanks again guys.
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
an 880 is outdated- the 881 replaced the 880 and the 990 sst replaces the 881 id just leave it in the car- maybe pull the brain shock sensor antenna and antenna cable. get new harnesses.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
i can understand your credential on electronics, but it'd still be overwhelming just for anyone thats not familiar w/ the wiring. Not to discourage you or anyone here on the board but there are certain things are left to the trained personnels.
the removal will not cost no more than 50bucks. just go to any mobile security shop, reputable or not, theyll take care of it. should take no more than 30min to remove.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic