icon

2003 Jetta unwanted factory disarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xxmattfxx 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2006 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
I have a customer who only wants to use the aftermarket remote to remote start the vehicle, and the factory keyfob for all other functions at all times.  The problem is that when the vehicle is remote started, the factory keyfob locks will not function.  I would normally just take it that this is how the vehicle is and no way around it.  However the method I used and have successfully used in the past on a beetle of the same year results in the factory alarm staying armed during remote start, by disabling the ignition sense and tapping the starter wire after the starter kill.  With this method the vehicle doesn't realize the vehicle is running and lets you unlock the doors with the factory remote.  Somehow on the jetta this method results in the factory alarm honking once, disarming and then remote starting.  No factory disarm wire is hooked up or even the doorlocks.  Nor is the keysense wire hooked up.  I used a 556u without the ring and tapped directly into the factory ring wires.  If  you need any other specifics let me know. Bottom line, I want the factory alarm to stay armed during remote start, but somehow it is disarming without the use of the disarm wire. Normally that would be a good thing but not in this situation. Thanks for the help.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2006 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  

i have run across some fords that will do that too......factory remote will not respond when remote started........sometimes i pull the second acc. and that corrects it. the only other way i know to get around that, is to find the ignition input to the keyless entry unit and cut it or wire in a relay to cut it off during remote start

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 25, 2006 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  

I cannot imagine ANYONE in their right mind, wanting to carry 2 transmitters....just sound funny to me!

mando2155 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2006 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

i think the factory alarm starts to go off and that is your horn honk,  it stops because it sees a valid key in the key cylinder,( or at least a valid code.)  thats what disarms the alarm.  its like you sitting in the car with the factory security armed and then starting the car with the key.  I had the same thing happen in a jetta around the same year.  the unit i was using had a factory arm and disarm wire so the car would unlock (disarm) then start after it was runing for a few seconds it would lock and arm the car while running.  I was nt even doing keyless on the car but i had no choice but to grab factory arm and disarm wich i believe also did locks.  any who it got rid of the horn honk.

xxmattfxx 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  

did hooking up the arm and disarm wires allow the factory keyless to work after it was locked/armed again after remote start?

mando2155 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2006 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  

I dont remember actually.  after the car started the aftermarket unitt could lock the door via the factory arm wire but im not sure i even tried the factory remote after that.  i would guess that it wouldnt. 

turbo_boss 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2006 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

The new VW from 2002 and up work with a CAN BUS that will tell the engine is on and will not allow the Factory FOB transmitter to work. 

Maybe you can find more info on www.vwvortex.com  This is a VW dedicated forum with lot of info.

Also, I have read there a lot of people that want to intal Turbo Timers on the Jetta Turbo and want to sue the factory FOB to lock the car during the engine running by the Turbo Timer and it doesnt work.  Again the car car computer send a signal thru the can wires to let the alarm/keyless module that the engine is on.

Good luck,

Isaac

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic