icon

viper 5900 SST, 06 Hummer H3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
marin8703 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  

hey guys, i just had the Viper 5900 SST installed in my car but forgot to get the Installation manual from my installer, when i went back he said he trew it away already. Would anyone out there have a copy that they would be willing to give or sell me. Electronic or paper will do, however it seems that DEI has not yet posted it on their site. If anyone has one I am willing to pay for it, we can nagotiate a price. please help.

thanks!, marin

captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
in the download section
use the Viper 791xv. EXACT same.
your installer is probably lying and sold the manual for a few bucks.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
maybe not when i work for a shop years ago we threw all the install guides away we never gave them to the coustmer. we just told them they not alowd to have them.
marin8703 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  

thanks for the replies guys, i was looking at the 791 manual, but i thought the 5900 should have some extra features. i am most interested in the programing, and how and where things were hooked up, so when i install stuff in teh future i know what is where. is teh programing exactly the same on both?

Oh and one more thing. When I arm the system with doors open, the remote does not alert me that there is a door open, and on a buddy's alarm it does, and then you can open and close any door and the alarm wont sound. however if the doors are closed and the system is armed, if you open a door the alarm will sound. this is another thing i wanted to check out in the manual.  If the hood is open when arming i get an alert on teh remote about that. Anyone have any ideas on whats going on? I would rather fix it myself, my installer is a bit far and ive got to work.

Any help is greatly apperciated! Thanks

ainami 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  

The install guide on the viper 5900 is the exact same on as the 791. Alle the wiring and harnesses arethe same also. The only different is the antenna and the 1 mile range. I have a 5900 also and use the 791 guide as reference. Like swamprat323 said, the installer never gave me the install guide, so I downloaded the 791 from this site. The didn't do a great job either. Not all the wire were connected. I am making changes and adding more features.

I think the system alert of a door open while arming only when you have +12v or ground (-) at the door triggers (violet or green) while arming. I think when you open the door you only get input for a second to trigger your domelight that then turns off on a timer.

marin8703 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  

thanks for the reply. The alarm is connected to the door pins, i went to coinfirm this. but it still doesnt alert to an open door when trigering. i have no idea why. any ideas?

and still if there is anyone out there that wouldnt mind giving up their 5900 SST install manual i would pay around 40 dollars. i am using the 791 now, but i would like to have the actual guide for reference.

thanks.

ainami 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  

You will waste your money. The guides are the same. Before the the installer scheduled me a day for the installation, I paid for the item and I brought it home. I shouldn't give them the install guide on that install day. Anyway, just wanna tell you they are the same exact guides.

On that door, checked if feature 2-6 is programmed to alert you when a door is open when arming. You could progam it on or off.

Good Luck.

marin8703 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2006 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  

hey everyone, ive got a viper 5900 SST installed in an 06 hummer h3. the problem i got is that if a door is left open and the system is armed, it gives no notification of this and then just ignores the door triggers from any door. on another car a chevy express i have the 791 and on it when a door is open when arming the system it gives an alert on the remote and chirps the siren. i beleive it is supposed to be the same on the 5900, and also on the 791 even if the door is left open it does not ignore the door triggers, when the door closed and then opened it sounds the alarm. please someone help me out with this, i need to have it done by new years.

heres some info that may be usefull. each door is on a separate wire going to the BCM and thats where im taping into them, rite before teh bcm. When a door is open the wire has 0 voltage, when its closed it has +12.something. how is it supposed to be hooked up, i tried every way and no luck. i also programed the 2-6 (im not quite sure if it was 2-6) menu on the alarm to on, so that it chirps when it bypasses the door triggers but still no luck.

I would greatly appreceiate any help! Thanks in advance!

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2006 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
Dwn in the drivers kick, there is a BLACK/ white NEG(-) this will detect all but the drivers door. In the same location is a grey NEG(-), this is the drivers door only, door trigger. Meter these and diode isolate.
marin8703 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2006 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  

KarTuneMan wrote:
Dwn in the drivers kick, there is a BLACK/ white NEG(-) this will detect all but the drivers door. In the same location is a grey NEG(-), this is the drivers door only, door trigger. Meter these and diode isolate.

Hey thanks alot! Appreciate the help!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic