icon

prestige aps785, 2003 nissan murano

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
beattie96 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2006 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  
I have just recently had this alarm with remote start installed in my 2003 nissan murano after having it installed in my 2003 dodge 1500 PU (where it worked as advertized). The issue i'm having is while in remote start the climate controls work but the blower for it does not blow. Do i need to hook up another wire/relay to get power to the blower sepratly? If so, which wire is it, where and how do i do it. The installer is telling me that some cars just arn't capable of climate control with this paticular alarm but that just sounds like he doesn't have the know how to fix it if it isn't in the install manual or he hooked it up to the wron ACC wire. If any one can give me a diagram/ schematic or any info on this i'd appriciate it. Thanks.
beatdog
jacqueslacombe 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2006 at 2:53 AM / IP Logged  
Well there is 2 acc wire 1is red and 2 WHITE/ blue  so if he is a real technicien  he know how to do it
cocolaboy
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2006 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
Yep, the car has two accessory wires and he isn't hooking both up....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
beattie96 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2006 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replys, that is what i figured. You wouldn't happen to know which wire from the brain or 6 pin power harness needs to be hooked up to that 2nd ACC wire or if i just split the exsiting one in two.
beatdog
beattie96 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I'd like to thank you that replied again. Here is my update, It was the issue of not having the 2nd ACC wire hooked up. There was not a red one but two white with light blue stripes. As for the Prestige APS785 alarm The violet from the 6 pin harness goes to the Ignition wire that is 12v ACC and On position and the green wire from the 6 pin harness goes to the ingmition wire 12v ON onlyposition. Basicaly the green and violet get hooked up to both whight/lightblue striped wires. And lastly program the brain to send the 12v signal out the green line witch is default to off. It now works great.
beatdog
j12v 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  

beattie96 wrote:
Well, I'd like to thank you that replied again. Here is my update, It was the issue of not having the 2nd ACC wire hooked up. There was not a red one but two white with light blue stripes. As for the Prestige APS785 alarm The violet from the 6 pin harness goes to the Ignition wire that is 12v ACC and On position and the green wire from the 6 pin harness goes to the ingmition wire 12v ON onlyposition. Basicaly the green and violet get hooked up to both whight/lightblue striped wires. And lastly program the brain to send the 12v signal out the green line witch is default to off. It now works great.

That Green from the 6pin is for the 2nd ignition if the vehicle has one. The 03 Murano does NOT have a 2nd ignition but rather a 2nd accessory. You are correct about the Purple wire though. Reason why I chose to speak on this is because Im currently in the process of installing a 791XV into a Murano, and Im having trouble with the car not staying on after remote start. I know I only used ONE ACC wire from the ignition harness, and from what it seems like from your post, both are needed to be hooked up in order for it to remote start properly... Hmm...

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  
Only the first ignition is needed for remote start. The ist accessory is for the heater controls. There is however two starter wires that are both needed. Some Nissans are picky when it comes to a tach wire, i see this a lot with Avox RS. This sounds more like the problem j12v has....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
beattie96 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
j12v,    I never had an issue with my remote start not working. my issue was that the blower portion of my climate controls was inop when in remote start mode. I realize that the green wire is for 2nd ignition. But I used it on my 2nd ACC wire becuase it was was needed to make the blower work. Plus the installer never hooked up my green wire to begin with so it was 12 v that I needed that wasn't being used. As for your issue I agree with Mike M2 I think your issue is a tach wire issue. But I would also look in the installation manual and there is alot on just the programming side that could be causing the car to die. In my manual the two wires that deffinetly were hoooked up by my installer that have to do with the starting were the Blue and yellow, make sure yours are. Once you get that resolved I think you will find you have my original issue. In which case refer to the other posts. Good Luck.
beatdog
j12v 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged  

beattie96 wrote:
j12v,    I never had an issue with my remote start not working. my issue was that the blower portion of my climate controls was inop when in remote start mode. I realize that the green wire is for 2nd ignition. But I used it on my 2nd ACC wire becuase it was was needed to make the blower work. Plus the installer never hooked up my green wire to begin with so it was 12 v that I needed that wasn't being used. As for your issue I agree with Mike M2 I think your issue is a tach wire issue. But I would also look in the installation manual and there is alot on just the programming side that could be causing the car to die. In my manual the two wires that deffinetly were hoooked up by my installer that have to do with the starting were the Blue and yellow, make sure yours are. Once you get that resolved I think you will find you have my original issue. In which case refer to the other posts. Good Luck.

Ahhh I mis-understood you. I get what you're saying now though. If its not too much trouble, could you tell me where your installer grabbed the tach wire? The tach wire from the alarm is the GREEN/ Orange wire. It might be easier to just look underneath the hood after removing those 4 allen wrench looking bolts to remove that plastic cover.

beattie96 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
he got it from the grey wire (top one) on the middle coil pack.
beatdog
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic