icon

94 Impala SS, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hofiveo 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2006 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
Hello and what a Great site.  As in the subject and my signature I have a semi- rare car. Only , were made that year. Well it was broken into 2 weeks ago. I have decided to put an alarm in and the prices for alarm/install is around 500.00 to 700.00. I can not afford it. So i am looking for a QUALITY alarm/remote start 2way paging system,that I can install. I have installed stereos and amps in the late 80's early 90's so i have some expierance. I also have the Full Service Manuals(retails for 130.00) that have all wiring diagrams for the whole car. From reading on this site there are alot of choices. I want to try preventing car being broke into and if they get in not being able to drive off with the car. I would like to have a hood/trunk switch(i have factory trunk open and door locks on remote), field sensor DEI 508D, roll up/down all 4 windows, battery backup, and something to disturb the thief if he is in the car trying to steal it. Looking in the 300.00 and lower price range, would like to keep it around 230.00. Viper, AudioVox, Avital, Code Alarm, AutoStart, UltraStart, CompuStar, ScyTek and what else. Something pretty easy to install and very good quality and reliable.
94 Impala SS,Neal Racing 2400T/C,PPM HDkit,UMI Upper/lower CA's,Intrax Springs, Raiss intake,3.73 gears,Eaton Posi,IE D/S,Delteq Ign,Meziere W/P,Tri-Y's W/Flowmaster,Bryan Herter Program.
hofiveo 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2006 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
There were only 6303 made in 94 and would also like to have dome light come on when disarmed and i have wig-wags on the car, is there a way to hook them up to go off when the alarm is triggered. Thanks guys in advance. Help me narrow the choices down.
94 Impala SS,Neal Racing 2400T/C,PPM HDkit,UMI Upper/lower CA's,Intrax Springs, Raiss intake,3.73 gears,Eaton Posi,IE D/S,Delteq Ign,Meziere W/P,Tri-Y's W/Flowmaster,Bryan Herter Program.
hofiveo 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2006 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
What about this unit http:///.com/CODE-ALARM-LCD-CAR-REMOTE-START-STARTER-w-0-VIPER-632t_W0QQitemZ130062471589QQihZ003QQcategoryZ94832QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
hofiveo 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
OK, no help? How about the Code Alarm CA-640 with 4 window roll up/down with battery back up for my 94 impala SS.
hofiveo 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
Is there something i said or did for no help on this forum or what.  I thought this was a great site, but no suggestions and no replys about anything. I guess since i am not an installer i wont get help. Going with Code Alarm CA-670 with (2) 530T, (2) 632T for hood and trunk, and (1) 520T. Is there anything else i need to make the windows, doors and trunk work with this set up. Professional installers I need to know!!
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
People come here almost everyday asking for recommendations on what alarm to get. Answering the same question over and over can get boring. If you just spend some time on here reading through other posts you will see what brands get good recommendation and what don't. Code Alarm doesn't get much very positive feedback.
You also said you wanted something "easy" to install. A system with all those options you listed will not be that easy, unless you have a lot of experience doing this type of thing.
A tech sheet like what I will post below will be much more useful and easier to read than any factory service manual would probably ever be.
If you have a light in the trunk that goes on when you open the trunk, then you won't need a mercury switch for the trunk. You will be able to tap into the factory wiring.
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
CHEVROLET / IMPALA / 1994 /
12volts      red      +      ignition harness
Starter      yellow      +      ignition harness            
Ignition      pink      +      ignition harness           
Accessory      orange      +      ignition harness
Power Lock      lt. blue      +      drivers kick panel
Power Unlock      white      +      drivers kick panel
Parking Lights+      brown            headlight switch
Notes: Also found low in the drivers kick panel.

Door Trigger      white      -      underdash light
Dome Supervision      use door trigger           
Trunk/Hatch Pin      dk. green      -      low in drivers kick panel
Notes: Only available on some models.
Trunk/Hatch Release      BLACK/ white      +      at switch

Tachometer      RED / black      AC      4 pin plug below intake
Notes: Remove the air cleaner assembly to access the connector. The connector is located a few inches from the center of the motor towards the passenger side. The motor will not start with the air cleaner assembly removed.

Brake Wire      white      +      at brake pedal switch
Horn Trigger      black      -      steering column
LF Window up/dn      dk. blue - brown      Type A      at drivers door switch     
RF Window up/dn      lt. blue - tan     Type A      at drivers door switch     
LR Window up/dn      dk. green - purple     Type A      at drivers door switch     
RR Window up/dn      lt. green - purple      Type A      at drivers door switch     
Immobilizer Bypass     Required: Yes
Type: VATS
hofiveo 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, but it seems that when i search "code alarm" i see about half and half good/bad. In the what installers use post there are a couple there that say they like them. On my Other forum(impalassforum.com) they suggest viper 791vx or 5900 or Compustar 2WSS-as. So i guess i will go with one of them.
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
I would also suggest a DEI or Compustar unit. Look in the download section here and download a manual for each before making your final decision.
If you go with the Compustar, don't bother buying a 520T backup battery. You won't be able to use it.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
Jworm,
why cant you use the 520 with the compustar, i never delt with that company b4.
thanks
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic