icon

97 expedition remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
paisade03 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
I was told once that the ford has a chip in the key so do install a remote start i had to buy something extra but don't know what. Can any one help me with that, what do i need to buy and where can i find it or if i can just buy a hole alarm system that might include that. one more thing what are the best speakers for the doors the size are 6x8 all 4 doors.
El Paisa
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
use DEI 555F and choose any remote start of your choice.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
paisade03 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
thanks found one on ebay but before i buy how does this work does it go seperate from the alarm or does it go connected together.
El Paisa
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
ebay is a great place to shop for those accessories.
two simple wires, red(+) and blue(-) status input from RS.
555F required two keys to progrm.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  

Make sure that you need the bypass because some of the expiditions and trucks do not need it. If you dont have the theft light that flashes in the cluster and the key with the bigger head you wont need it.

paisade03 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
I'm pretty sure it needs it i don't know about the theft light buy i got the key with the bigger head on it.
El Paisa
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
All Expeditions made since day one need a bypass. I know the 555F is cheaper, but you might consider using the 556S instead. It works MUCH better and is super easy to program...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
paisade03 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
I have never installed none of this what makes one better than the other and what makes it easy i thought it was just a couple of cables then what do i have to do to make it work.
El Paisa
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  

The difference is the install. The 555F has a small pellet that has to be mounted near the igntion switch. At times it can be a real pain to get adjusted into a position that works well. I've even had some that would work at first, then stop and i had to go back and readjust. Finding that right spot can be a little nerve racking. Before you mount it you have to program it, which can be another pain. I must be fair, i've had some that have worked correctly right off the bat too....

The 556S has a small coil wrapped in plastic which you simply place around the ignition switch near the outer edge. you simply mount it, turn the ignition on for a few seconds, repeat with a second key, then remote start. Easy and done.

Both have minimal wiring, a 12volt wire, and statis wire, and the 556S has a ground. The 555F is a one time use devise, once it learns the code you can never teach it another, while the 556S can learn over and over again...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
paisade03 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks very much for that info i guess i will go with the 556s since i've never done it before and i guess it's worth the extra bucks so you don't have to go through all that other stuff. thanks again

El Paisa
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic