icon

PKF2 Problem in Focus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oakley2000sel 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
I purchased the PKF2 Bypass Kit from 12 volt. Hooked it up but when attempting to r/s the vehicule just keeps cranking. I know it's the bypass because it will start using r/s with the key in the ignition. I pulled the connector off the PATS module and I assumed I had the TYPE B so that's how I hooked it up. Does anybody know what type the connector is? There is TYPE A, B, C, D.  I programmed it like the manual said but it still will not start.
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
did you connect the brown (neg when running)wire?Try grounding that wire manually and see if it starts.
oakley2000sel 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
Yes just went out and tried that still no worky. I tested the ground when running wire too and that is working. It's hooked up right. It flashes with the security light on the car which is a sign that it's working I assume. When I went through the programming options for the PKF2 it states: "

Insert the first valid key into ignition. Turn key to ignition

“ON” position and wait until the BYPASSKIT LED turns off.

Turn Ignition key to “OFF” position and remove.

Insert the 2nd valid key into ignition. Turn key to ignition

“ON” position and wait until the BYPASSKIT LED turns off.

Turn Ignition key to “OFF” position and remove.

Temporarily connect the brown wire of BYPASSKIT module

to ground. By the help of a jumper wire, apply power to the

vehicle ignition wire. The LED on the BYPASSKIT module

flash once then come on again for three seconds.

The BYPASSKIT is now programmed.

Wait 2 minutes then start the vehicle with one of the valid

keys. Turn off vehicle engine and remove the key.

Connect the brown wire of the BYPASSKIT module to the

remote car starter (-) negative out when running wire.

When I program it and get to the point where it says to connect the brown wire to ground and power up the acc wire, it states that the LED on the on the bypass kit should flash and then light up for 3 sec. Well it lights up but I never get a flash. Please help. I have dealing with this for days and I am getting a headache. haha.

au5599 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  

oakley2000sel wrote:
I pulled the connector off the PATS module and I assumed I had the TYPE B so that's how I hooked it up. Does anybody know what type the connector is? There is TYPE A, B, C, D.  I programmed it like the manual said but it still will not start.

where are you looking at the plug? Are you up at the transponder collar unplugging a green connector? easy way to do it is find the constant ground. Then find the ignition  power at that harness.  Then you should be able to match up the other 2.

MAKE SURE you tie into 12volts constant and not the ignition.

When programming you turn on first key count to 5. pull insert second key turn on and count to 5.

Then pull key. Gound brown wire and jump igntion and power so you power it up. Make sure you get the led on the interface to do what it is suppose to. Also make sure the theft light is not flashing.

Wait a couple minutes and start with key. I let run till theft light goes out and a few seconds longer. Then shut off and hook up the brown wire and remote start it.

Street Dreams Car Club
93 GRAND CARAVAN SE / Astro
Team New York SS3-4 06 & SM3-4 07 DB Drag World Finals
2003 Chevy Suburban LT / 98 GTP
au5599 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
oakley2000sel wrote:

When I program it and get to the point where it says to connect the brown wire to ground and power up the acc wire, it states that the LED on the on the bypass kit should flash and then light up for 3 sec. Well it lights up but I never get a flash. Please help. I have dealing with this for days and I am getting a headache. haha.

I am gonna assume you mean you power up the igntion wire and not the accessories. You need to make sure the check engine light comes on and stays on .

Make sure you do not have the theft light flashing on dash when trying to program it. If you do then try swaping the 2 wires (green and pink)

But first make sure you doing it as I said. Reset the module by unplugging it. Hold the little push button in and plug harness in while holding the reset button. Then let off.  Then go through the programming again. Also remember you only got so long to do each step so have a jumper wire ready to where you got to quickly touch it and it powers up. Same as grounding the brown wire.

Street Dreams Car Club
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure brown wire is hooked up.
Insert 1st key, ignition on until theft light goes out, remove.
Insert 2nd key, ignition on until theft light goes out, remove.
Remote start vehicle. The theft light will be blinking and the car won't start. Hit brake after a few seconds to shut down system if it doesn't shut down itself.
Wait about 30 seconds and start the vehicle with one of the keys.
Remote start vehicle. Should start and run this time if not reverse the pink and green wires and try again.
Also what year focus the PKF2 isn't for all years..
Mike
oakley2000sel 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
it's for a 2003 focus. Your instructions are quite different then the manuals and the other 2 people that just posted. The problem is after the second key I have to start the car to put the r/s in ready mode because it's for a 5-speed. Any other suggestions?
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
In that case no the jumping the ignition wire would be easier you might want to try jumping both the ign and acc wires.
Mike
oakley2000sel 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  
So let me get this straight. After putting in both keys, I should connect the brown wire to ground and jump both the acc and ign wires? Then wait 2 minutes and start with key and put the starter in ready for for r/s?
au5599 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  

oakley2000sel wrote:
So let me get this straight. After putting in both keys, I should connect the brown wire to ground and jump both the acc and ign wires? Then wait 2 minutes and start with key and put the starter in ready for for r/s?

have the remote start brain sitting where you can get to it easy. Take a piece of wire and strip both ends a decent amount.  Then shove one end into the ignition wire that goes into the brain. Basicly between the wire and the plastic. then bend it and have it sitting right next to the 12volt feed going to the brain. Do the 2 keys. Then as soon as you pull the second key out you ground the brown wire and keep it grounded. Then as soon as you do that you take that jumper wire and touch the 12volt. Hold both there untill led on interface does its thing. Make sure the theft light on the dash is not flashing. If it is reset it and try again. If it happens again reverse the pink and green wires.

Once it seems to of did everything wait a couple of minutes then start with key. Then shut off after theft light goes out. Wait a minute and remote start. If everything was done right it will start.

Street Dreams Car Club
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic