icon

mono kenwood amp wiring?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lilnoma96 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
I just pruchased a mono kenwood amp 100watt total and 2 ohm stable i think now i have two + channels and two - channels, heres the question i have two shallow mount pioneer 10 4 ohm svc and want to run them in parallel to get a 2 ohm load for the amp, how do i wire them to the amp, will attaching one sub+ to amp+ and the other sub + to the other amp + and do the same way with the - give me parallel or series? thanks in advance
techienerd 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2007 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
If you're not so sure whether you'll get a parallel or a series with that kind of wire 'mix up', I suggest you call a certified technician to help you out.
duct tape 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2007 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  

techienerd wrote:
If you're not so sure whether you'll get a parallel or a series with that kind of wire 'mix up', I suggest you call a certified technician to help you out.

its a simple question with a simple answer, i dont think he needs a pro to go over it with him.

to the orignal poster.  if you wire both positives together and both negatives together, then connect them to the amp, that will be a parallel circuit and will give you a 2 ohm load.  this would be the proper way to wire those subs to that amp.

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 21, 2007 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
The amp has two SETS of terminals for easier wire with mulitple woofers.
The terminals are paralleled internally...so just wire each sub to a set. positive to positive and negative to negative and you'll have it wired at 2 ohms.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic