icon

Scytek Astra 777 problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ayu910 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  

Just want to share my Astra 777 installation experience.  I finished the installation in my 02 Civic few days ago but ran into some problem.  For some reason I canˇ¦t enter into the programming mode and it appear the brain unit does not recognize the +12V from the ignition.  So after half hour of check the wiring and voltage with meter I decided to call the tech support line.  Since Iˇ¦m not a dealer they put me through a ˇ§specialˇ¨ lineˇKwhich put me on hold for around 15~20min.  Anyway, so I told the tech I think I have a defective brain unit sine it can recognize the +12V input.  But the tech support guy told me itˇ¦s ˇ§NOT possibleˇ¨ since before they ship out each unit they have to program each unit to confirm the unit does detect ignition power.  So after 10 min of talking on the phone the tech ask me to check one last thing which is the wiring connector going into the brain unit then we hang up.  So I want under my dash one more timeˇK.then yup that was the problem.  The wiring on the connector is ˇ§INCORRECTˇ¨ when I compare with the manual!  The position of the Gray (Aux 1) and Yellow (IGN) wires was assembled incorrectly and got swapped!  Talk about poor assembly work and quality control hereˇKthis caused me good 2 hoursˇK

Anyway, after I swap the pin on the connector back to correct position then everything when fine.  Just want to share this info, if you canˇ¦t program you Scytek alarm then maybe you need to check the connector/wire pin location.  

ayu910 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  

sorry something wrong with my first post...I should use the preview function first.  Here is the message again.

Just want to share my Astra 777 installation experience.  I finished the installation in my 02 Civic few days ago but ran into some problem.  For some reason I canˇ¦t enter into the programming mode and it appear the brain unit does not recognize the +12V from the ignition.  So after half hour of check the wiring and voltage with meter I decided to call the tech support line.  Since Iˇ¦m not a dealer they put me through a ˇ§specialˇ¨ lineˇKwhich put me on hold for around 15~20min.  Anyway, so I told the tech I think I have a defective brain unit sine it can recognize the +12V input.  But the tech support guy told me itˇ¦s ˇ§NOT possibleˇ¨ since before they ship out each unit they have to program each unit to confirm the unit does detect ignition power.   So after 10 min of talking on the phone the tech ask me to check one last thing which is the wiring connector going into the brain unit then we hang up.  So I want under my dash one more timeˇK.then yup that was the problem.  The wiring on the connector is ˇ§INCORRECTˇ¨ when I compare with the manual!  The position of the Gray (Aux 1) and Yellow (IGN) wires was assembled incorrectly and got swapped!  Talk about poor assembly work and quality control hereˇKthis caused me good 2 hoursˇK

Anyway, after I swap the pin on the connector back to correct position then everything when fine.  Just want to share this info, if you canˇ¦t program you Scytek alarm then maybe you need to check the connector/wire pin location.

azn_fcuk 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the heads up,

i was looking at their web site and their 2 way pager with video transfer is really impressive.

Sucks if you live in an aparment building, nothing to do but watch vandels and theives from your remote as they make way while your running down the stairwell after them.

Whats that unit cost?

ayu910 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  

the new 2 way pager with video transfer does look kind of cool but I'm kind of warry battery life on the remote...little color LCD does require some extra power.

I got the Astra 777 from Buy.com for around $53 shipped  ($83 - $30 for applying buy.com VISA card) and since the package doesn't not include the hood pin it costed me another $5 from local shop.  So my total comes to $58 + 4 hours of my time which I think it's not that bad.

OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
Scytek is junk :(
South Side Audio
2501 S. High St
Columbus, OH 43207

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic