icon

Pioneer iPod adapter, no sound

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pbelmore 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  
So I have a bit of a problem on my hands...
I went to Car Toys to have them install an Infinity Basslink and the iPod adapter (Pioneer CD-iB100ii) to my Pioneer DEH-P6800MP (into a 1996 Jeep Cherokee). After numerous problems (mostly unrelated...long story short, Car Toys is going to receive a polite yet stern letter from me), everything was working great. At least that's what I thought. The subwoofer works splendedly, but the iPod adapter has no sound! When I plug in my iPod, the track names pop up, the track time is moving right along (i.e. it's not paused), and I can scroll through all of the menus like I'm supposed to, but no sound comes through the stereo. All the other options (CD, radio, front aux) work fine, just not the iPod. Is there something I'm missing? I tried the one troubleshooting option that the manual has (resetting the iPod) but that didn't change anything.
I installed the CD player myself, so if it's an easy fix that doesn't require me going back to Car Toys, I would love to hear it!
Thanks in advance for your help!
trendsetters 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
I've seen the same thing before in another Pioneer. Got it to work by going into the start up menu and turning aux off. Sounds crazy but it worked, has also worked for exact same problem dealing with sat radio on pioneer. Also after the ipod started working I was able to turn aux back on and all was good! Anyways, give it a shot and let me know if that doesn't work.
Rick Paul
Trendsetters Car Audio
MECP First Class
pbelmore 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
Okay, I went and turned the aux off, yet still no sound. Any other ideas? Thanks!
mjmauto 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
Take the deck out and make sure that the cable from the ipod adapter is connected  correctly, it should connect to the ip bus out on the adapter {black plug}  and the other to the deck {blue plug}. 
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
I bet they used the wrong port on the on adaptor, they more than likely they used the input port on the adaptor.
pbelmore 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks everyone, I'll pull out the deck when I get home and check the adapter cable. I read on another forum that this can happen if the cable is switched around too...for some reason the colors need to match even though the cable is seemingly the same at both ends.
Too bad about Car Toys; it seems like one bad apple (the original installer) made my whole experience pretty horrible. I'll let you all know if this fixes it, thanks again!
pbelmore 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
Yup, switching the cable around so it connected correctly made it work. Thanks for the help!
1996 Jeep Cherokee Country - Pioneer DEH-P6800MP (with CD-iB100ii iPod apadter); Infinity Basslink; stock speakers (but not for long!)
sin0cide 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
thats so funny I was thinking the same thing... any time I have seen it not work some dummy hooked it up wrong. LOL Car Toys Rulez

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic