icon

03 impala, valet remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hieghts 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
I have a friend with an 03 impala that wants a rs put on for his wife. I am planning on a DEI r/s but my question is which dei bypass does it require? Their website lists different ones and also a couple for the power locks, which one is right? and does it control the locks and passlock? From reading on here it doesn't sound like I have to use the door lock one just use relays and a diode, is that correct? Is there any other tricky issues on these cars?
Thanks for your help
roadworks 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  

Check this link

http://bypasskits.fortinautoradio.com/products/bypass_kits/gm-sl/

If you can get your hands on one of these bypass kits.. the work perfectly.. not only will it bypass security.. but it will also do doors ,trunk, rear defrost..

I did 2 Impalas for a guy at work last year and used these kits

hieghts 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
I tried all of the links in that one to find where I can purchase them and no luck. Anyone know where they can be purchased online?
Also I am familiar with the dei bypasses just don't know which is the best one to get. Do they all need a spare key or not?
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  
You can use the DEI 457GW for the passlock 2 bypass, but it won't control the door locks( You won't lose a key). You can either do the locks the old fashion way w/relays & a resistor or buy a DEI 456LW also. Good Luck! I do the whole thing without buying anything extra. I'm old fashion.
Good Enough Isn't!
wiretapper 
Copper - Posts: 166
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  

hieghts wrote:
I tried all of the links in that one to find where I can purchase them and no luck. Anyone know where they can be purchased online?
Also I am familiar with the dei bypasses just don't know which is the best one to get. Do they all need a spare key or not?

GMSL2 from Crimestopper.

This one does Passlock, doorlocks, trunk release, parking lights, tach and panic.

If you want one let me know.

hieghts 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I may be interested. How much do they run with shipping to michigan?
Thanks
hieghts 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing a valet r/s into the impala. I have the Relay set hooked up besides a few wires. What I have left is a
Pink/white + output to second ign./accessory
RED / white, 12V input if additional current capacity is
    needed cut this wire, add a fuse adequate for the circuit and connect to additional 12V source
On the vehicle side I have left is a
Brown Second accessory
Green Second Ignition
How should this be wired correctly to supply both the brown and green wires on the car?
Also how do I know if I need the extra RED / white for extra current?
There is a r/s aux harness but the manual doesn't give any info on these 4 wires
Blue -200mA status output I am connecting this to
    passlock bypass unit
Orange-200mA accessory relay trigger
Purple-200mA starter relay trigger
Pink -200mA ignition relay trigger
I think I should be able to use either the pink or orange and a relay to supply the green wire on the car side of the ignition harness, correct?
Thanks for any input
tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
i dodnt think u need the brown accessory wire.  Hook up the pink/white from the remote start to the green in the car.  Hook the RED / white to the constant power source of the vehicle.  I think its a red wire in the car.
rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2006 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
just did an 03 the other day. you do not need to power the brown acc wire, only for radio. attach the pink/white to the green. The satellite harness is unused expect for the status output to your bypass.
hieghts 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
I just put in a r/s on an 03 impala. From some diagrams they mention that the parking light wire must be isolated or the service engine light will come on. I hooked it up as the diagrams showed using a relay to isolate it. Everything worked fine yesterday until this morning they drove the car for a while and the engine started spitting and sputtering on take off. After a while the check engine light came on. I don't know if it is something from the r/s that is causing it or not? I don't want them to spend money to have the code read to find out that it was my mistake but I don't know where to start on it? I have done numerous r/s's and never had an issue like this one. Any suggestions?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic