icon

Viper 560 VX

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ffxluc 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I had this for a while, My car died and sat for a couple months before I could come up with the cash to fix it (New Batt, Alt, Tires, Couple Minor Things) And I've Had The Remote start on it for a while too. I don't know if something wen't wrong or if I pushed button on the remote too much but now when I start the car it only start started for 10 secs then kills. Is there a way to program the timmer for 24 mins off the remote? I don't have the fancy computer thing but I saw the Installer program the timer via pressing the buttons from the remote. Thats the only thing I can think of doing unless someones thinks something in the wiring got screwed up during the time it sat.
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
you need to reporgram the tach probably.
ffxluc 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
So I Probally need to bring the car back to best buy and pay the $50+ and have them do it?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
If BestBuy put it in there should be a lifetime warranty on it. Should be no fee involved. It is possible the tachometer needs to be reprogrammed. If this is something you want to try and tackle yourself the installation manual can be downloaded here.
ffxluc 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
I need one of those expensive fancy car computers don't I?
f150fan 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
You shouldn't need anything. All you need to do to reprogram the tach signal is start the car and within 5 seconds press and hold the valet switch until the led lights solid. After that you should be able to start the car with the remote start.
ffxluc 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2007 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
Ok new question, anyone know how to change the programming between the 3? 12,24,60? I want it to run for shorter. I think its running at 24, and theres one quicker and theres a 60 min setting. The books don't help, but isn't there a way to program it with the valet/remote? And thank you for helping I did get the last problem fixed because of your help.
ffxluc 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2007 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Oh by the way its a 160, not 560.
brhaugen 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2007 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  
The runtime programing is in the install manual:
turn key on and back off press and hold valet switch it will honk/flash once - continue to hold the button until it honks/flashes twice and then release the button
quickly press and release the button 3 times and then hold it
press the lock button on one of the remotes - it will honk/flash once for 12 minutes, twice for 24 minutes and 3 times for 60 minutes
if you do not like the setting press the UN-lock button to change it
when you are happy, release the valet button
ffxluc 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2007 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you, you've been great help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic