icon

Galaxy 5000RS-2W access., wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hofiveo 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1994 Impala SS. I need to know if a battery back up can be installed; how and where? Can i hook up to the lights in hood/trunk for alarm triggers, anything needed to do this? What part number is needed to bypass my VATS and how to install. I figure the manual might help me but i want all the stuff with me when i start the install. What can i install to roll up/down all four windows, is it the DEI 530T and i would need two right. Do you think all this will work. I will try to hook up to my wig wag also. Thanks for any help. I wish someone lived here in memphis to help out.
94 Impala SS,Neal Racing 2400T/C,PPM HDkit,UMI Upper/lower CA's,Intrax Springs, Raiss intake,3.73 gears,Eaton Posi,IE D/S,Delteq Ign,Meziere W/P,Tri-Y's W/Flowmaster,Bryan Herter Program.
topper 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
easiest thing is a key operated battery backup siren which also acts as a secondary siren. DEI makes a descent battery back up. For VATS all you need is a relay and a good selecion of resistors. Use an ohmmeter---select ohms and read the resistance of the the little black chip(resistor) on your ignition key. Locate the VATS wires in your steering column. Usually two thin white wires in an orange vinyl tube. Check out the wiring diagrams on this site to help you. Yes you will need 2  530t's. Wig wags can be done with 2 relays a switch and a flasher can. Hope this helps
hofiveo 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  
That helps, Thanks. To read the resistance i put the voltmeter on what(meaning, ohms 20k?) i put it on 20k and got .67  so i need a resistor at that resistance, right? I think scytek has a bypass for the VATS but the resistor thing is probaly cheaper. Can a DEI 520T be hooked up to this Galaxy? Thanks again and anymore help is MUCH appreciated.
94 Impala SS,Neal Racing 2400T/C,PPM HDkit,UMI Upper/lower CA's,Intrax Springs, Raiss intake,3.73 gears,Eaton Posi,IE D/S,Delteq Ign,Meziere W/P,Tri-Y's W/Flowmaster,Bryan Herter Program.
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  

The resistance in the key is 1 of a possible 15 values.

Here is a link that explains how to bypass VATS.

Just like "topper" said above, a Wig-Wag circuit can be easily built with 2 relays & a good quality flasher. It's cheaper than buying a solid-state retail unit. I've used many for a police department. 

Good Enough Isn't!
wontsum 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
I own Jand b Electronics and iI sell those alarms there great let me know if you need any help 901-386-4334
Slow Down Live Longer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic