icon

98 Grand Cherokee, rs w/factory alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dalfe5 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
This question may have been answered already but I guess I am overlooking it. What do I need to do to my factory alarm in order to install an aftermarket alarm/remote start? Do I hook up the new alarm as if there is no factory alarm and just not use the factory remote? Disable it?(how?)Will I need any type of interface? Thanks for any help.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
DEI part number on the interface module for your vehicle is 455T. It will allow you to control the factory alarm, door locks and more. The installation manual can be downloaded here
dalfe5 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
When I use this can I use all the features of my new alarm or will it bypass it and use only the factory alarm? I have installed stereos, amps, keyless entry systems ect. before but not with a factory alarm. I work at a bodyshop and know how much trouble it is to trace a wiring problem. Thanks for you help. i have the 455t ordered now.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
This interface allows your after market system to control what is in the vehicle from the factory. It is an add on and will not affect any feature of the after market system you are adding. All of the features your system has will work fine.
dalfe5 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
GREAT. Thanks for your help. Hope to get it put in next weekend. The remote start part isn't too hard I hope.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
the remote start part is quite easy on these jeeps.
Twelvoltz 
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
I am with Xtremej on this one, that Jeep is a very easy job with the 455T...without it is another story.
dalfe5 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
If this goes ok I may tr it on my truck. I have a Ford Ranger with the coded key. I think I saw something like the 455T for it. This will all work out great because we have only one remote for the jeep and truck. Now we can both have a remote. Thanks guys for all your help. I have gotten a lot of info from this forum. Thanks again.
Daniel
imseth85 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 4:44 AM / IP Logged  
Make another post when you're ready to do that ford ranger, you may have to do some extra work concerning the door triggers on that one.
dalfe5 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
Looked at the manual for the alarm this weekend. Confused now but still gonna do it (I think). The onE I have has a dome light supervision output, factory alarm disarm output and factory alarm rearm output. It also has a (-) door trigger input and (+) door trigger input and outputs for the door locks. If I connect the arm and disarm outputs to the 455t that should control the door locks correct? And not use the door lock control out of the alarm unit. I think I am confusing myself and making it harder than it really is. This is the web page of the alarm that I have.
ALARM MODEL
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic