icon

wipe out old nissan remotes, after theft

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
duffmanaudio 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  

I have a friend that has a 06 altima. His keys were stolen & the theives came back. So my question is. Does anyone know a way to disable the original remotes. I called nissan & they cant say if the programming of the new remotes will wipe out the old. I am willing to replace the keyless with a aftermarket But am not sure if I can disable the factory nissan keyless.

Any input will be great. but please no assumptions.

Duff's auto

collegeville pa

Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
My assumption is . . .
If the vehicle has more than one remote controller, the oldest ID code is erased when
programming a new remote when there are already 4 ID codes in memory.
If there are less than 4 ID codes stored in memory, then the new ID code is added and
no ID codes are erased, unless a new remote is programmed after filling all 4 memory
positions. A maximum of 4 remotes can be programmed.
If the vehicle has more than one remote controller, the oldest ID code is erased when
If there are less than 4 ID codes stored in memory, then the new ID code is added and
no ID codes are erased, unless a new remote is programmed after filling all 4 memory

If the vehicle has more than one remote controller, the oldest ID code is erased when programming a new remote when there are already 4 ID codes in memory.

If there are less than 4 ID codes stored in memory, then the new ID code is added and no ID codes are erased, unless a new remote is programmed after filling all 4 memory positions. A maximum of 4 remotes can be programmed.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
About the remotes, I don't know.
About the keys, though, I do know.
If you have the dealer (or a locksmith) re-program all the keys you have, any keys that are not present (as in the key the thief has) will be kicked out.
Of course, though, that key will still open the door
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
All these newer cars have all the transponders and crap, it gaets annoying. Since his car is an 06, he may consider doing what my wife's geandmother did when she was in the same EXACT situation. She had an 06 corolla and had her 2nd set of keys in hey ashtray(why, I dont know) but after having her car detailed a few days earlier, she came outside to find it paked a few feet back from where it is normally parked, the windows were rolled down and the seat was pushed all the way back(as if a tall person had been driving) and the car wreaked of marijuana smoke. She then noticed her keys missing. So apparently somebody stole it, went joyriding and then returned it. We thing its somebody who lives closeby since they returned it. After pricing what it would cost at the the dealer to rekey all the locks, reprogram the transponders, and the keyless remotes, they wanted well over 700 bucks. She then decided to just trade the car in for another one and her note only went up about 4 dollars.     
So depending on what all your friend has done to his car already and how many miles he has on it already, trading it in might be a good option. Then he will have a clean slate to work with.
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
All these newer cars have all the transponders and crap, it gets annoying. Since his car is an 06, he may consider doing what my wife's grandmother did when she was in the same EXACT situation. She had an 06 corolla and had her 2nd set of keys was in her ashtray(why, I dont know) but after having her car detailed a few days earlier, she came outside to find it paked a few feet back from where it is normally parked, the windows were rolled down and the seat was pushed all the way back(as if a tall person had been driving) and the car wreaked of marijuana smoke. She then noticed her keys missing from the ashtray(BINGO!) So apparently somebody stole it, went joyriding and then returned it. We thinK its somebody who lives closeby since they returned it. After pricing what it would cost at the the dealer to rekey all the locks, reprogram the transponder keys , and the keyless remotes, they wanted well over $700 bucks. She then decided to just trade the car in for another one and her note only went up about 4 dollars. She got several more options on the new car also.     
So depending on what all your friend has done to his car already and how many miles he has on it already, trading it in might be a good option. Then he will have a clean slate to work with.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
that odd if they dont know if it will wipe out or not, take it to them and see if they can find out program new one then program anotehr multi times see if th eonter oen still can unlock the doors and such.
duffmanaudio 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

We called another local dealer who explained that you need all remotes & transponders when propraming so he bit the bullet & got them to do it. He was worried about the theives coming back again. He could have saved some money but didn'd like the idea of waiting.

parts & labor =$460

The locks still need to be replaced

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic