icon

2001 ford explorer sport and valet 561r

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
newbie102 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  

the explorer has a ford alarm on it, keyless entry and also a keypad, if that matters. I installed the valet 561r, I havent got the led on the brain to light, never. Checked voltage on two heavy red wires and ground. It was the last one left when i bought it, scared it might be bad. When i r/s i get the brain to click, also when i hit the lock and unlock it clicks once for lock and twice for unlock. Seems normal, but no led light?

I also cant get the remote lock to work or arm alarm with 561r transmitter. I can arm alarm with factory remote, unarm and unlock with 561r transmitter. I read something that im not suppose to use the door lock harness (3-pin) and the factory alarm disarm/ factory rearm at the sametime?

When i r/s the car it turns on like its about to start (lights on dash and brain clicks) but starter doesnt crank, i can start with key no problem.

Im pretty sure the locks are sitting ground until 12v pulse locks and unlocks them on different wires.  Im more worried about the locks, r/s is the easy part. Also it looks as if the 3-pin harness is (-) output, sounds like i need a relay, this only bothers me to think about it because the 561r transmitter unlocks doors and disarms alarm??????????   Replies Wanted, Please..(head hurts from all the wiring diagrams and forum reading). I will post all hookups in the morning. 

chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  

For door lock hook the green (-) lock wire to pink / YELLOW in the kick panel.

For unlock hook the blue (-) unlock wire to the pink/green in the kick panel.

For disarm hook the GREEN/ black (-) factory alarm disarm wire to gark GREEN/ purple wire in drivers kick panel.

Try to rs with the key in ignition if it starts then you dont have the pats system bypassed and will have to do that.

newbie102 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply, i will try that and get back to post tomorrow.
newbie102 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  

I had the lock wire t-tapped, i had a feeling that i had a bad connect after you verified the wire for me, had some needle pliers when installing, got pliers and tighten it. Works like a charm.

The only thing i have to do now is the starter is still running after the car is started remotely, i had it with no tach setting, and it did this. I am going to try to use tach wire to the pcm tomorrow. Should the tach work with the setting at tach OFF, or is it always better to use tach wire and turn tach setting ON? The tach wire is tan / YELLOW, i tryed a tan / YELLOW under drivers dash but i tested it and im not getting 1-6 volts. It should read something even if i have the car idling?

thanks chris354

chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
You will have to set the rs for tach, you will also program the tach. For the tach go to an injector and use the wire at it thats not common at all the injectors. The newer Dei rs dont  do very good in fords with the tach wires at the pcm.
newbie102 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the help!!! I got it done, works great.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic