icon

everythings hooked up but no bass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dcblackbird 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
i finally got everything hooked back up in my car and i turn it on and the speakers work fine but not the subs, i crank it up and i get hardly any bass. i got a 4ga T splitter for my two mono amps and between the T and the capacitor i spliced in with some 8ga for my 4 way amp. i disconected it thinking it had something to with it but nothing... i think this happend to me the first time i hooked everything up and idk why.
the first time this happened, the speakers put out bass and the subs didnt and i did something to the wiring where the subs went and the speakers had no bass... so i was lacking in the mid's but at least i had bass.
can anyone help me here?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
Uh, well, forget about the power connections and describe the system.  What's the HU?  What are the amps?  How are the amps connected to the HU?  What are the crossover settings?  What speakers are connected to what amps?  How are your gains set... in fact, if you "have no bass" did you even set the gain on the sub amp?
Support the12volt.com
dcblackbird 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

i have  an alpine CDA9856 HU, 2 solo baric 12'' L5's, 2 HiFonics Titan TX1005D'sfor my subs, a HiFonics Titan TX4405 4xchannel ampfor the speakers, Infinity Kappa 692.7i's in the back, and Infinity Kappa 462.7cfp's in the back

my level (gain) is set at about a quarter turn and its between 9 and .2 volts

phase 0

dcblackbird 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
and the connection beteewn my HU and amps is a tsunami capacitor. i get a green power light on all of them so ik they are powered. and i dont think the cap has anything to do with it becuase my 4channel is working, i think its my settings on the amp but when i adjusted them nothing happened...?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
Is the subwoofer output turned on inside the HU?
Support the12volt.com
dcblackbird 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
yes, the only way ik the sub is on is becuase i put my hand on it and felt it hardly moving
hotwaterwizard 
Silver - Posts: 1,350
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like the speakers are out of Phase and they are cancelling eachother out. Reverse the wires on one of the subs.
John DeRosa (Hotwaterwizard)
Stockton California
When in doubt, try it out !
dcblackbird 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  

hotwaterwizard wrote:
Sounds like the speakers are out of Phase and they are cancelling eachother out. Reverse the wires on one of the subs.

meaning tka ethe current positive and put it to negative and negative to positive?

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  
are their rcas plugged into the sub amps??? lol
dcblackbird 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  

aznboi3644 wrote:
are their rcas plugged into the sub amps??? lol

lol hahaha... yea