icon

2005 tacoma Heated mirrors?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
firefighter11 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, just wondering how i would go about wiring up heated mirrors into my 2005+ Toyota Tacoma. It seems like Toyota uses alot of the same wiring harnesses from other vehicles so perhaps they have the wiring in place but do not offer the option from the dealer? does anyone know if the wiring is in place?

If Not How can i make an electronic timer so that the heated mirrors will turn themselves off after ten minutes or so?

Thanks!!!

firefighter11 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys i am trying to hook up heated mirrors and i'd like them to be on a timer so they would be on for 5 - 10 minutes and then go off for the same amount of time unless i pressed a heated mirror switch off then on again it would restart the cycle.

I've just started reading page after page after page of 555 timer tutorials but i am still stumped.. Can anyone help me out?

obviously i will be using this in my truck so when its started it will be producing 14.4 volts....

thanks in Advance!

firefighter11 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
Well i had made two different posts because they kinda had different subjects... but thanks for putting them together.. hopefully someone can help me out.
alexlloyd 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  

555 timers are great. here are two I found.

2005 tacoma Heated mirrors? -- posted image.

By varying the Capacitor value and R2, you change the time of the circuit.

2005 tacoma Heated mirrors? -- posted image.

Here is one built for 10 minutes(at 9V) but by using 12 or 14V the time will change. I doubt it will matter much 8-12 minutes is fine. Use a negaive O/P from your remote brain to trigger pin 2. This cct should generate enough power at pin 3 to close a relay (+12v to 85, this cct to 86), by using terms 30 and 87 to power or ground your circuit you should be in. In order to better protect your timer, i would recommend a micro relay on pin 3 of your timer to control your automotive relay. It just reduces the power requirements and will prevent burning out the timer while it is holding your large relay on. When you are done playing with this cct, you do not need anything on pin 3 but the neg(-) of your relay, the red and green LEDs only provide an indication of the state of the timer.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic