Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mralarming 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  

Vehicle:1999 Chevy Lumina

RS/Alarm unit: Commando RS-560

I have finished this install and the car will not start with the remote. Car starts fine with a key. When I try to use the RS, the lights blink once (as it should), then the alarm goes off (instead of starting the car). 

I have entered the tach programming and have tried both the 'Voltage' and 'OFF' settings. I did not hook up the WHITE/ Red tracer tach wire. The BLACK/ White tracer is grounded. I have a resistor that matches the key pellet hooked up via a relay.

I suspect one of two things: Either the relay/resistor circuit I built is messed up, or I tapped into the wrong starter/ignition wires. I have the list of wires/locations chart for this vehicle - so that won't help. BUT, explaination on the ignition harness might. There is two ribbon type of wire bundles that go up into the steering column. I did NOT connect to these. Those ribbons go to a connector thingy that has big (10ga?) wires that match what I'm looking for. The wiring chart shows starter is yellow, and the ignition is pink. I tested the voltage on these bigger wires and they had the correct (expected) readings.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
Hood pin? BOTH accsories?
mralarming 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks KarTuneMan, but I've figured out the problem.

Did not use the hood pin circuit - just yet. Figured I'd get the bulk of it done, then hook that up and the door open triggers later. I also only need one accessory wire hooked up. I did end up getting the car remote to work, but other things are now wacky. After way too much time into this thing, we figured out that one of the chips inside the unit is fried. Will be contacting the factory for a replacement.

alexlloyd 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  

The guy who installed the RS on my car had the same issue, press start, lightsd flash alarm went off.... cancel the alarm with the factory remote and the start sequence would continue perfectly. Found out that instead of Disarming the alarm, he had tied into the "door open" signal wire. I moved the wire the door key switch to simulate to the alarm that a key had been turned and presto... RS worked like a charm.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic