the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Equinox, bulbs in harness?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
I did a starter in an 06 Equinox the other day, very straight forward vehicle. My question is not one related to the starter, but it is to the what looked like glass bulbs taped to the harnesses under the dash. On the right and left hand side under the dash, taped into factory harnesses are what looked very similar to mercury switches but literally were taped into the factory harnesses with the ends sticking out. Does anyone know what these are and what purpose they serve?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
Hmm, sounds interesting. Have you seen those "crimp-caps", like a one-sided butt connector, usually with white plastic insulation? Best Buy uses a lot of them on radio installs.
Sometimes the factory will do the same thing, to jump a bunch o ground wires together, but instead of white plastic, the insulation is clear vinyl..........if you saw the clear vinyl with some copper wire stuffed inside, it could look a lot like a light bulb.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
I should have taken a picture, no definitely not crimp caps, I have used several different types from several different companies so I know what they look like. Literally looked like a clear glass automotive bulb with some type of reed inside of them.
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
I just did a 05 mazda 6 and it had clear connectors that held all the grounds together.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic