icon

GMC Sierra Dome Delay Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Pyromed1 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  

I recently had an Ungo SR100 Alarm Remote start installed in my 2006 GMC Sierra 1500.  I took the truck back to the installer because the alarm would go off shortly after it was armed.  They told me it was being caused by the dome light delay and that I had to use the dome light kill switch or the alarm would go off.  This means I have to make sure to kill the dome lights every time I get out of the truck (at least at night).  It's a minor inconvenience, but it's very annoying

Is there a way to connect the alarm w/o the dome light connection?  Or is there something else I can do?

Thanks,

Corey

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 6:30 AM / IP Logged  
Take the truck back and have them fix it! if the alarm is that sensitive it will trigger on delay they can use the actual door pin wires to trigger the alarm. They are just being lazy...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  

Mike M2 wrote:
Take the truck back and have them fix it! if the alarm is that sensitive it will trigger on delay they can use the actual door pin wires to trigger the alarm. They are just being lazy...

Mike M2 is correct.....LAZY. They don't want to take the door panals off to do the job properly. Tell them you want what you paid for. A security system that functions, and integrates with the truck perfectly.  LAZY, LAZY, LAZY.....

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  

yeah, what a bunch of crap...people like them give the biz a bad rap........give me their phone #, i'll call em myself.............hacks

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
"I took the truck back to the installer because the alarm would go off shortly after it was armed."
How long is "shortly"? And does it do it every time or randomly? Also if you use the domelight kill switch, the alarm won't go off at all just the shock sensor..
Mike
Pyromed1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  

I couldn't agree more with you guys.  Unfortunately this is who the dealer has chosen to install their alarms.

Yes, this is a GMC dealer purchased alarm and I’ve let them know how displeased I am with the service.  They have been less than helpful, and the “Higher Ups” are just as helpful, well helpless.  I don’t plan on taking my truck back to the same incompetent place.  I’ve installed a couple of alarm/remote starts on my other vehicles without any problems.

The alarm goes off within 20 seconds of being armed and this happens about 75% of the time.  When the dome light override is depressed the alarm arms and does not sound does not sound.  I will check in the morning to see if the door triggers still work with that override depressed.  I hadn’t even thought about that.

This is starting to wiz me off more now.

More to come

Thanks,

Corey

Pyromed1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  

SORRY

I couldn't agree more with you guys.  Unfortunately this is who the dealer has chosen to install their alarms.

Yes, this is a GMC dealer purchased alarm and I’ve let them know how displeased I am with the service.  They have been less than helpful, and the “Higher Ups” are just as helpful, well helpless.  I don’t plan on taking my truck back to the same incompetent place.  I’ve installed a couple of alarm/remote starts on my other vehicles without any problems.
The alarm goes off within 20 seconds of being armed and this happens about 75% of the time.  When the dome light override is depressed the alarm arms and does not sound does not sound.  I will check in the morning to see if the door triggers still work with that override depressed.  I hadn’t even thought about that.
This is starting to wiz me off more now.
More to come
Thanks,
Corey

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
If they would have been less "cheap" they could have used a DEI 457G to not only bypass the Passlock but give them door trigger....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  
If you paid the dealership to have the system installed you probably paid more than what it would have cost to take it to a shop yourself. Make the dealership take it out and give you a refund, then take it to a reputable shop. Their "solution" is simply not a solution at all. Any Alarm/Starter should not take away from the vehicle's stock features, it should always be an enhancement to the stock features. Where are you located? I am sure some one here would be able to recommend a better shop than the one your dealership used.
Pyromed1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

Today I played around with it a little.  Opening a door will still trigger the alarm if the dome override is pushed.  I was actually unable to replicate the initial problem today.  The domelight will stay on for 15 seconds. 

Probably did pay more to have the dealer install the alarm.  My thought was to have one business acountable for everything.  This obviously didn't work.

I'm in Vegas

Thanks,

Corey

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic