icon

2001 Durango, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know how the 457c operates, but it sounds like your not getting the correct resistance from the module to the bcm. you can bypass the datta buss for your lock/unlock feature and run the resistors. 880 lock and 300 unlock. The range issue, if you have any metalic tint or anything like that that the antenna is stuck to, then this will reduce range on some models. but check the cable, make sure it's not crimped of pinched anywhere. and make sure its in the right port [not in backwards or something like that] and I think the blue and white on the 555c needs to be on a ground when running, rather than a srtaight ground. the module will be on all the time if not.
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
milkman1 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replies. Hymer on the 555c I found that the wires needed to be changed this now seems to be working correctly. The tint on the front window is factory don't know if it is metalic, also the wires from the rearview mirror go right beside the antenna. This morning (after a long wait on hold) I got thru to tech support and was told that my ground on the 457c was not right. So I drilled a new hole and reattached the ground but the doors still don't lock/unlock. Was wondering if the resistors are used is the 457c still used? Do relays need to be used? How do I wire in the resistors? When you guys get finished where do you put all of the wires and modules? its crowded under the dash! 
milkman1 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
To anyone who may read this. I just got off the phone with tech support for the third time today and finally got someone who knew what was going on. I was told that the 457c has been discontinued  because they do not work on many of the vehicles the only way to get the doors to lock/unlock is with resistors and relays. good thing I spent my money on a module that won't be used:(
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic