icon

weak sub output

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rallysport 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  

i put a pioneer 3200-t amp bridged to run a JL 10w0 sub in a sealed box into my fiances 86 corolla 4 door. the amp claims to put out 150watts while bridged at 4ohms, which should be an ok match for the sub. however the bass is weak the sub moves but doesnt put out enough thump. it can barely be heard inside. the only adjustments on the amp is a LP filter on switch and the gain control which i have set properly however the little 4 and 5  inch speakers drown out the sub. the deck is a basic pioneer 1700 i remember some units need the rca output to be changed from rear to sub on some decks but the instruction manual doesnt say how (this deck may not even have that capability i am just guessing at this point) i had the sub and box in my accord about a year ago and it sounded ok and had been sitting in the closet until i installed it in this car, dotn know if that could play a part. anyway suggestions wanted!

mike12volt 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
The amp needs to be in LP. Your gain should be set to optimum sound below clipping point. The box location and speaker direction is also important.
rallysport 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
it is on LP of course i used to install for a few years. after some more tinkering it seams if there isnt enough gain adjustment. if you turn it up all the way the sub starts to come on and hit a little if you keep going to the point where the interior speakers are clipping the sub sounds better and better, maybe the deck just sucks?
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
Um....yeah the deck sucks. Not really good quality
ituneyou 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2007 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  
just for kicks, have you checked if the sub is wired in phase?
A man has got to know his limitations
rallysport 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
thats the first thing i tried. im suspecting its the deck so ima try grabbing signal from the deck in my accord and see what happens

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic