icon

02 Trailblazer w PGMDLBP and CompuStartAS

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bangsdangle 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  
Just tonight I installed a CompuStart 2W900FM-AS combination remote start/alarm with peripheral PGMDLBP.
Everything wired up and segrated properly with relays, used factory ST body GM manuals for wire connections. Door lock/unlock works, alarm works, everything execept remote start. +12v to start wire supplies +12v to PCM for crank then PCM closes - side of starter relay for crank. Veh will not remote start (works fine with key) Its almost like the peripheral module isnt bypassing the passlock2 (i do not have passkey transponder) From what I read the PGMDLBP is to bypass this and allow the remote start to work, however; every other function of the PGMDLBP works as it should. (door triggers, lock, unlock, etc)
I know these sort of things should be 'left to pros' but ive been in the automotive business for a long time and it doesnt phase me one bit to tackle a large project such as this but Im confused on this one, if anyone has any input it would be greatly apprecited.
I confirmed all my connecitons etc. and double tested everything, when the YLW start wire sees the voltage the PCM just wont close the - side of the start, I even tried to trick it by supplying - to the relay on remote start. The PCM knows something is up (no key i guess) and the engine will start for about 3 seconds and stop. Ive reverted back to default and reprogrammed the periph unit 3 times.
If you do something you'll regret the morning after.. Sleep till noon! :-)
bangsdangle 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
CompuStar, excuse me.. lots of Yuengling.
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
What exactly is the problem.. I know it wont rs, but what does it do? Passlock icon on the dash come on? cranks and starts for a sec or two? a little more info would be great. ask someone to post the wireing off of dei for the vehicle too. and compare with what you did. sometimes going by the factory manuals will not get you the right connections, they word things very different...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
DID YOU GO THROUGH THE PROPER PASSLOCK LEARN PROCEDURE WHEN PROGRAMMING THE gmdlbp?
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
bangsdangle 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
Hymer wrote:
What exactly is the problem.. I know it wont rs, but what does it do? Passlock icon on the dash come on? cranks and starts for a sec or two? a little more info would be great. ask someone to post the wireing off of dei for the vehicle too. and compare with what you did. sometimes going by the factory manuals will not get you the right connections, they word things very different...
The following happens on remote start attempt.
Ign comes on, dash lights up for aprox 3seconds.
No security light comes on. no warning lights come on.
RS puts +12 to starter wire... and NOTHING happens(no crank or anything)
Remote start attempts 5 more times (total of 6)
Then stops
I got my connecitons from the Designtech website and confirmed them in my factory manual.
[QUOTE]DID YOU GO THROUGH THE PROPER PASSLOCK LEARN PROCEDURE WHEN PROGRAMMING THE gmdlbp?[/QUOTE]
I went through this procedure twice, step by step as the instructions state just to ensure I wasnt doing anything wrong. When it wasnt working the first time I hooked everything up, i reset the module and programmed it again.
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, Red 12v , Pink Ign 1 , White ign 2 , Yellow starter, Orange accy 1 MUST CONNECT WITH NO DELAY!, Brown Accy 2 MUST CONNECT. Tach White in big harness below the column. There are a bunch of whites, but only 1 that will give a tach [koeo] signal.
Now it sounds like you may not hae the orange connected correctly make sure it is on the accy1 out put [Im not too framiliar with compustar but they are all pretty much the same.] and send the brown to a relay or whatever for accy 2 .. The pink and white IGN also must be hooked up, no particular sequense as far as I can remeber. a test would be to put the key in the ign and turn it to on, apply 12v to the stater wire and see if it cranks then. If it does, it's just a timeing issue. This really doesnt sound like a bypass issue since the truck wont crank , and the theft light is not flashing. Need anything else just yell...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
bangsdangle 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2007 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  
You are correct to at T! (u know ur stuff) BRN and ORG are for accy and PNK and WHT for ign... CompuStar only gives you one ign output and one accy output. Although CompuStar also supplies a - Accy output and a - IGN ouput on its unit so i utilized those to close relays for BRN(veh accy)and WHT(veh ign).
So my wiring is as follows. (Staring from ComputStar + outputs)
PNK(veh) is wired with compustar green(ign)
WHT(veh) is wired via relay(activated by - ign output from compustar) to close relay and supply +12v to white (so no +12v bleedback goes back to pink)
ORN(veh) is wired with compustar white(accy)
BRN(veh) is wire via relay(activated by - accy output from compustar) to close relay and supply +12v to brown (again so no +12v is bled back to orange)
bangsdangle 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2007 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  
On a side note... If anyone would like to talk to me about my install (which would be greatly appreciated) my aim sn is WhiteyTegSE
Please feel free to IM me.
Thank you
bangsdangle 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2007 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
::UPDATE::
After doing some research I was told that the PGMDLBP will only do doorlocks OR passlockII. Never read anything that confirmed that but I know installers at our local shop and thats what they told me. After ditching the PGMDLBP I switched to a Directed 1700G.
1700G does it all, no problems, all triggers work properly and the veh remote starts fine. Im not one to judge a book by its cover and I dont do these installs for a living but if someone was wanting to use a peripheral brand module I wouldnt recommend doing it on a budget. For functionality for a good price from my exp... Directed (buddy at shop hooked me up for 37 bills)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic