Hornet 727T and 04 Chevy Colorado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jaxzin 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  

Hi guys,

First time poster. I get alot of good info from this site and barely ever have to ask a question or post. Thanks for all the good info. My question is more specific toward a 04 Chevy Colorado and the light flash wire to the parking lights.

I am using a Hornet 727T add on alarm. Everything going well so far in the install. I diode isolated the doors and ran everything according to the manual. The only thing I have left is the parkinglight flash ( H1/2 white wire )

I probed at the parking light switch in the dash. I have 2 BROWN / white wires in that harness. One reads +11V and fluctuates when you rotate the dimmer up and down. The other wire reads ground when you put the switch in the parking light mode.

Is the 2nd wire ( one that reads ground ) the one I am supposed to tap into with the white wire from the 727T? But just change the polarity in the head module to be a negative output?

So if that is the case can I in theory probe the second wire with a cable from ground to the pin and my lights should light up?

Any replies would be great. Thank you everyone.

captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
Use the one that reads ground when you turn on parking light.
You are correct about hooking it up and switch polarity to neg.
Yes your theory is correct, if you put ground to that wire, your parking lights will light up.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
Yes the second one is the lead for you pkg lights. It should turn the pkg lights on if grounded but to be safe through a 2.5 amp fuse in the wire you intend to ground it with just in case its not it..
jaxzin 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reassurance guys. I just wanted to make sure everything was correct before I mess anything up.

I will post detailed instructions on how to do a Colorado with this alarm when I have it up and running.

Thanks for the quick replies.

jaxzin 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  

xtremej wrote:
Yes the second one is the lead for you pkg lights. It should turn the pkg lights on if grounded but to be safe through a 2.5 amp fuse in the wire you intend to ground it with just in case its not it..

One quick question. It seems that the BROWN / white wire is kinda thin.........the 727T outputs 10 amps on the light flash output?

Or is it a max of 10 amps?

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  

your going to be sending a ground pulse to it ,amperage is not an issue.

jaxzin 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
xtremej wrote:

your going to be sending a ground pulse to it ,amperage is not an issue.

OK. More than likely it is on a relay anyway so I can see how it wouldnt make a difference. Thanks.

jaxzin 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  

Got the alarm working after programming it. Worked fine and I thought I was home free.

I went to my girlfriends place and armed my truck. Stayed the night. When I went to the truck in the morning it was like if the alarm had shut down on its own. It wouldnt respond to the keyless remote. When I opned the door the alarm went off so I pressed the unlock button.

Turned on the truck, went to the grocery store and it worked fine. Came back. Parked the truck. 2 hours later I went out to check it and the LED wasnt flashing. I opened the door and nothing. What gives?

jaxzin 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
do I need to install the pulse adapter that comes with this unit?
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  

seems like something isn't properly hooked up, not sure but it might have something to do with factory alarm if equipped, what color wires did you get for doorpin

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic