icon

Rpm dropping?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2007 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guy's i have a question about the RPM is it normal that the RPM drops when the Bass hit at hi volumes? thanks, Aruman.
Shaking The Neighborhood
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 13, 2007 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  

There are many reasons why your RPM could drop when the bass hits, and none of them are good.

I would assume that your electrical system isn't capable of keeping up with your stereo.  When the bass hits, the voltage drops.  If the voltage drops far enough certain electrical systems in the car could cut out, including but not limited to your ignition system, your fuel injectors, and your fuel pump.  It is also possible that if the voltage isn't stabe the ECU could turn itself off to protect itself from the unstable power.

In my old car ('94 Cavalier) when the bass hit my ABS system would fault and would stay off until I restarted the car.  I did some upgrades (optima deep cycle battery and a 1F cap) and the problem went away.

Kevin Pierson
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 13, 2007 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
It takes power to make power.....to make power you need some sort of generator. I.E. a new alternator, a high output alternator. If you do some digging you will find TONS of threads on the proper way of going about solving your problem,  A new battery and a cap, are not the way. They are only part of the solution.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 13, 2007 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  

It depends on your situation.  I wasn't pushing 20,000 watts, I had an 800 watt RMS (Kicker ZR600) amp on an old stock battery.  My alternator was technically making enough power for my application, but my tired battery just wasn't able to keep up.

I'm assuming in the original posters situation a new battery isn't going to solve the problem as it sounds like his situation is much more serious then mine was.

Kevin Pierson
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  
thanks guys, yes i have already an HO Alt. from Ohio the biggest that i can find for my car it's 160 A. and also an Scosche Battery 1200 CA. my equipment are 160 A for the subs Amp. and 50 A for the component Amp. so there's the problem i can't find a bigger Alt. for my car.
Shaking The Neighborhood
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
have you upgraded any of the big 3 wiring?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic