icon

07 chevy hhr window and sunroof modules

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gotbags-10 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2007 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
So I'm putting the viper 791 in the hhr and the customer wants windows and sunroof. I've got two 530t's for the windows. The thing is the switches are in the front center console and are all heavy gauge wires so   it has the motor relays built right in to that switch. My concern is that on the 530t you have a heavy gauge motor side wire and a smaller gauge switch side wire. I feel that if i hook the smaller gauge right up to the switch side its not a strong enough ground path and might damage the unit. Should i just add relays to increase the ground strength to be safe?  Now on to the hard part, the sunroof. Wow! never seen that before. You have your standard two motor wires but that goes into a module which then goes to the switch. I can't find any single wire at the switch to test for close only. They're is like 5 wires that all test ground for open and close. I'm kinda lost on that one. Which sucks because the sunroof is the whole reason the customer wants the system so if i don't get it i'm screwed. What about pulse time reylays? Any ideas?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2007 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
Connecting the thinner 'switch side' wires from the 530T to the larger switch side wires at the factory switch will be fine. The 530T provides ground to the windows thru the thicker violet and violet/black wires...not the skinny 'switch' wires.
I have never done a sunroof, but I believe you are supposed to tie into the motor wires. Directechs says the sunroof motor is part of a module. If you say it has two motor wires...and they are accessible then I don't see why you couldn't just tie into those. Usually a 529T is used for a sunroof....not a 530T.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic