icon

Avic-N1 and AVH-P6800DVD

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
glex25 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2007 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
I currently have the Avic-N1 and am planning on adding a AVH-P6800DVD to my system.
The way I'm planning on configuring it is using the AVH as my primary unit and have the A/V from the Avic going into the AVH.
The only problem I foresee with this configuration is Nav audio.
I can probably have the AVH in AUX which would give me the audio from the nav but then that would defeat the purpose.
Only solution I seem to come up with is using a RCA splitter on the front RCA so I can have audio from both the Avic and the AVH when using the Avic for Navigation purposes.
Anyone have any better ideas.
outtaluck72 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2007 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  

sell the N1 and get the D3. :)

glex25 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2007 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
The D3 doesn't have the built in 6 DVD changer and 4v preout which is the main selling point with me.
I was originally thinking of getting a Garmin Nuvi 360 with the 6800 but for the price that they cost I might as well just keep the N1 for Nav Duties
outtaluck72 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  

glex25 wrote:
The D3 doesn't have the built in 6 DVD changer and 4v preout which is the main selling point with me.
I was originally thinking of getting a Garmin Nuvi 360 with the 6800 but for the price that they cost I might as well just keep the N1 for Nav Duties

I can't find anywhere that it says the D3 is not 4 volt output but it's possible based on the past N3 and D2. I have the 6800 and I love it. the 6 disc DVD changer is neat however I am always wary about more moving parts, that's just that much more that can go wrong. the screen is amazing. the only thing I wished the 6800 had was dual zone capability.

glex25 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 6:33 AM / IP Logged  
Does the Avic-N1 support the XDV-P6 6DVD Changer?
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
Ya, it just connects through the IP BUS plug on the deck
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic