icon

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee lights tripping ou

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
Customer called and said his dash and headlights ect blink out for a sec. and come back on. Now this happened while he was driving it. He did use the rs before he got into the truck. The unit is an astro 2205a with a 532 bypass everthing is conneted and soldered correctly and has been in the jeep since early this summer. I told him to disable the rs [switch] and drive it without useing the rs and see if it the problem still existed. Anyone runinto anything like this before? BTW it's pretty darn cold here the past few days also.. [cold wather issue? one never knows]
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
Well, Hymer you know the astro product can handle the extreme cold.....but the DEI stuff? what other functions does the 532 do?
Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
I really don't think it's the rs or the bypass.. The XK532 [Xpresskits] does it all, locks, disarm, mux, 2nd start, 2nd accy and txpondr. It just seemed a little to "intermitent " to be the rs unit, considering it happens when the guy is driving it.. I would like to run the scanner on it just to see if the BCM pops any codes out... another dailmer benz headache....    The guy is gonna get back to me in a few days so I guess I'll see....
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
sorry bout the DEI comment...where did you get the parking lights from?
tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  

I had a simliar problem in my moms vehicle on an 05.  I honestly never figured it out, doesnt really seem to cause any problems.  The cars electronicis are crap, nothing but pronlems.  My mom also had 2 transmissions already

Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
I picked them up at the relay bank, like all the rest of them..   Park lites and horn.... KarTunMan, What data base do you use [besides AStrochart]? I refer to Audiovoxs once in a while, but amlooking for another reference base for some vehicles.. Thanks
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
brhaugen 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
Have you tried replacing the factory relay??
KarTuneMan 
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

Hymer wrote:
I picked them up at the relay bank, like all the rest of them..   Park lites and horn.... KarTunMan, What data base do you use [besides AStrochart]? I refer to Audiovoxs once in a while, but amlooking for another reference base for some vehicles.. Thanks

Every so often....bulldog. I also have access to wiremajic....thats the best, (next to the astrchart of course) All that I looked at in reguards to your dilemma, state going to the same location for parking lights. With the exception of bulldog....they say N/A on negative parking lights, and DO NOT USE positive parking lights... Have you had any luck with the curing of the problem?

Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2007 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged  
Not, yet, I'll hopefully hear from the guy today. I told him to run it without useing the RS to see if it just does it under normal conditions. My guess is the relay may be the culprit...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, the guy brought it to the dealer on thursday. They said that there was a loss of communication between computer module[s]. Appearently there are 17 that need to operate in these god forsaken chryslers! Any how, he is bringing it in on monday, and My thought is the bypas, or possibly a bad connection in the 2nd accy mux wire. I used the XK532 transponder and mux bypass. It just started doing this recently, and the unit has been in scince October of 06, and used at least twice a day. It does NOT appear to do this unless the rs is used.. any one got any other bright ideas?
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic