icon

Equinox and ignition delay

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tintman97 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  

How do i wire this up for  delay so it will start .  Im useing 30 to pink ignition 85 to rs ignition 87 to constant 12 and 86 to ground.     this is for pink ignition.  Then for orange accessory   30 to orange accessory 85 to starter 86 to ground and 87 to rs ignition #2.   this is correct i belive .  i already have my passlock 2 bypass set up built it myself. 

Can anyone else help

Using Omega Mars-22

Snapper

tintman97 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

will using a pljx take care of the power up delay to start the car as well?

Snapper

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of delay, and what are you doing all that fancy stuff for?
Just install it like a regular remote start, with the remote starter's starter wire not connected to anything.
When the remote starter's accessory outputs drop power during the start process, the car will crank and start.
Be sure that both of the car's accessory wires----the brown and the orange-----are powered up as accessories, not as ignitions........that is, they must lose power during crank.
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
"Im useing 30 to pink ignition 85 to rs ignition 87 to constant 12 and 86 to ground.     this is for pink ignition."
This relay is doing exactly the same thing as it would do without the relay. Get rid of it.
"Then for orange accessory   30 to orange accessory 85 to starter 86 to ground and 87 to rs ignition #2.   this is correct i belive ."
This relay is keeping the accessory wire juiced during crank when it should be dropping out like normal. Exactly what you don't want in order for these vehicles to start Get rid of it.
But yeah as mentioned no need for anything crazy on these just hookup like normal make sure both accessory wires (+) and the keysense (-) wire are connected. Then set your unit for a preset crank time or voltage sensing.
Mike

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic