< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mbaudio06 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  

Prestige APS620

DEI 457C

Black Key.

1st Problem: No Heater/No Radio. I have dont my research and realized i need to hook up the 2nd acc (pk / YELLOW 14awg) wire. Now the problem. I only have six power wires from this RS.

Yellow - Starter

Red - 12v

RED / White -12v

Blue - IGN 1

Green - IGN 2

Purple - ACC - hooked up to trucks pk / YELLOW (16awg) DO i need to hook up to Blue wire?

i assume i need to wire up a relay to get the 2nd acc to work? How do i go about that?  Please someone post wiring diagram or explanation on how to wire up relay..

2nd problem: 457C. Door Locks dont work at all. Horn honks but nothing is happening... I thought with this interface i wouldnt have to worry about hooking up anything except the:

Red, Black, Green, Red, ORANGE / black, and blue/white wires?

I did that but still nothing. I was reading and someone said i might need to hook up the one of the pink or pink/black wires but not the brown on the door lock harness? Any truth to this?

3rd Problem: I think i understand the parking lights but can someone please post a diagram or explaination on how to wire the relay?

I have WHITE/ lt green wire cut in half. 85 parking light output from RS, 86 ground, 87 one side of resistor ground other side, 87a switch side of WHITE/ lt. green wire, 30 other side of parking lights? Does this sound correct? Also DEI says a 240ohm or a 330 resistor, which one?

Thanks in advance.

jmacf14 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  

prob. 1 the dk blue wire is a 3rd ignition and does need power from r/s ignition. both acc. wires need power. I have heard of tying both into the 1 out put from the r/s in ign. and acc. I have also heard of using a relay. Not real sure on the reliability of either way. if you do use a relay for acc. pin 86 is fused 12v from acc. wire pin 85 is ground while running output pin 87 is fused 12v constant pin 30 is your second acc.wire. the relay only engages in r/s by way of ground while running. 12v. supply from acc so that acc. doesnt stay engaged during start mode. do the same for 3rd ign. only use ign. input instead of acc. for relay. let me know how its going.

# 2 I am not sure but I think that the 457 c is bypass only, I could be wrong, but ?

jmacf14
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
1. Use a relay, triggered by a negative output of the remote start if it offers one. If it does not offer one then wire two relays like:
Pin 30 - Supply from remote start accessory output
Pin 87 - Out to vehicle accessory wire(s)
Pin 85 - Ground
Pin 86 - Supply from remote start accessory output
Both relays would be wired the same, so the output from the accessory wire would be going to 4 pins, 2 on each relay. NEVER join factory wires in a harness, they are separate from the factory for a reason.
2. Did the 457C confirm programming? The horn or key buzzer should have sounded 3 times to confirm it programmed. The brown is only used in the Liberty according to the instructions.
3. Put the vehicle's parking light wire back together using solder. Wire your relay like this:
Pin 30: Ground
Pin 86: Ground
Pin 85: + Parking light output from RS
Pin 87: Proper value resistor to vehicle's parking light wire (you can use a wire with the resistor inserted inline)
You could also just tap the positive parking light output from the RS to the relay in the fuse/relay box under the hood. The proper relay is the one you can feel turn on when you activate the parking light switch. Pulling the relay out will verify that you have the correct one. The relay is a standard configuration and the parking light output is the equivalent of pin 87, but verify this before connecting anything.
mbaudio06 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2007 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  

Twelvoltz:

1: So two relays for each acc wire correct? Gotcha ya on that one.

2: Yes programming was confirmed by 3 horn honks. The remote start does start up and stays running just the 457c doesnt work the door locks.

Wiring for 457c:

Black - Gound

Red - 12v

WHITE/ black - na

violet/black - na

RED / White - NA

Green - Red lock from RS

Blue - Green unlock from RS

ORANGE / Black - Pin2 on OBII

Blue/White - Lt Blue wire from RS(ground output while running)

Orange - NA

Is this right? Are there any other wires to be used? I dont understand why this wont do the door locks but will bypass the truck? The diagram says to connect the pink wire to the vehicles lock/unlock wire. I know its for Liberty only but i read on here that i might have to connect that too to get the locks to work? Any truth to this?

3: Which size resistor?

mbaudio06 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2007 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
Also should i use just a standard bosch relay what do with the 87a pin?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 19, 2007 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, just a standard relay is all you would use with no connection to 87a. You need one relay per accessory so you would need 2 total, one for each required accessory circuit in the vehicle.
As far as the 457C is concerned, I am not sure. I switched to bypasskit.com stuff and have not used any DEI bypasses for a while. If someone here is familiar with that piece and says you need that connection than I would suggest trying it.
To the question about which resistance to use, I do not know for certain what the value is. You could measure by cutting that wire and reading the resistance between it and ground with the parking lights on, or just try both values, one at a time. I always take my parking lights out to the relay under the hood when I do the Dodge pickups.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic